Sign in to follow this  
GReeves

Disabling Automatic AI Contact Reports

We are fed up with the automatic contact reports in multiplayer -- they don't even go away when there are no AI on the team. It totally ruins the entire game for us when we're walking along in formation, scanning the distance, and suddenly see at the bottom left of the screen,

"CONTACT, ENEMY MAN, 200M"

Arghghghgh!!!!!!!! There is no point in training our new guys to be alert with this ridiculous crutch because there's no need to act intelligent when you have the game telling you where the enemy soldiers are. We've tried playing on every difficulty level, setting different game options, editing our ACE config files...but nothing works. How could a supposedly realistic game like A2 not have a way to disable this feature? This is something you'd expect from Call of Duty.

I'm going to feel stupid if you tell me that there's an option in the A2 Settings menu now lol.

Options > Audio Options > Radio

and

Options > Game Options > Radio Subtitles

Not working for me, at least not in singleplayer. I've already got Radio Subtitles off and I still see "G.Reeves: ENEMY MAN, etc." at bottom left. This is in the editor.

Hmm, it seems the option reset after I restarted ARMA. It's working now; thanks a lot for pointing out something so obvious :D