Sign in to follow this  
happystar

How to correct defind character's body part or weight?

when i made it in O2.my character always has some distortion in a part which link arm and body.I was making reference to the official example!!!

6591192820130918221613052.jpg

I found it is far easier to do weighting in 3ds max using the sample character as a base.

You can fairly easily copy the weighting from the sample model onto yours using skin wrap, however it will still likely require some minor tweaks. But again its much easier to do that in 3ds max.

Another technique I've found to be even easier is to place your model over the top of the sample model in 3ds max and attach it to it. Providing your model is lined up properly you will find it will require very little tweaking, if at all (ive successfully done this with several test models without having to tweak anything). You need to leave it attached when you export it. Then once you import to O2 delete the sample character model and you should be left with your model with fully functioning weighting. Repeat for each LOD.

You need to use the 3ds max p3d export macro for both these approaches to work. Oh and its worth noting the p3d export macro does not work properly with 3ds max 2014. I can confirm it works with version 2012

Edited by pomigit