Sign in to follow this  
FartParty

How to set up laser targeting for AI?

I'm working on a mission that involves lasing a target for an AI air unit to destroy.

Can anyone point me to where I can learn how to go about setting this up?

Not sure if this is what you're trying but this is what I have done:

My player unit is a UAV operator which comes with the UAV terminal. If you don't want to be a UAV Operator add the UAV Terminal to your player unit with: this addweapon "B_uavterminal";Make sure you add a bluefor UAV (prefer MQ4A Greyhawk (CAS)) and make it set to "flying". I add a laser designator in the player units initialization box if you don't already have one with: this addweapon "laserdesignator"; this addmagazine "laserbatteries";

Yes, you need the batteries. When I spawn I open the UAV terminal and connect the UAV to the terminal by right clicking over the UAV and selecting "CONNECT UAV TO TERMINAL". Then click where my target is on the UAV terminal map this will make the UAV move to it's position, also right click on that position and select type "DESTROY".

The UAV itself needs a laser designation to drop a bomb, so after your UAV is en route to the enemy with the destroy command, pull out your laser designator and activate it by clicking the left mouse button and keep the laser on the target. Keep holding until the UAV drops the bomb and boom.

Keep in mind that the UAV needs to be in line of sight of the laser beam. If you're pointing it from one direction on a wall or tank etc, and the UAV is coming from the other, it will not drop the bomb as it cannot see the laser designation.

Hope this helps, makes for a fun mission!

Edited by kmackinley
wrong UAV name