Sign in to follow this  
scottyd95

Will my computer run Arma 3 and how well?

I'm a new comer to the ARMA series after seeing all the hype about it. I know my computer can run Arma 2 well because it surpasses the requirements. However I want to buy Arma 3 but I'm unsure of how well Ill be able to play it.

I have a AMD Phenom 9750 quad-core processor (4cpus) ~2.4ghz I have 8 gbs of RAM My Graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD6670 2gb RAM GDDR3

I'm also running Vista Home Premium but plan on upgrading that soon.

So will I be able to run Arma 3 and how well? or would I be better of just buying Arma 2 for a more enjoyable experience?

Thanks for the help!

If you can run Arma2 you can run A3 even better. Atleast alot of people run A3 better than Arma2. I'd suggest though, a faster processor. 2.4 is a little low (for arma2 & arma3). Seeing as how it doesn't support more than 2 cores, you need something like 3.0+. But like i said, if you can run Arma 2, you'll be to run A3 no problems.

Edited by David77

I'm a new comer to the ARMA series after seeing all the hype about it. I know my computer can run Arma 2 well because it surpasses the requirements. However I want to buy Arma 3 but I'm unsure of how well Ill be able to play it.

I have a AMD Phenom 9750 quad-core processor (4cpus) ~2.4ghz I have 8 gbs of RAM My Graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD6670 2gb RAM GDDR3

I'm also running Vista Home Premium but plan on upgrading that soon.

So will I be able to run Arma 3 and how well? or would I be better of just buying Arma 2 for a more enjoyable experience?

Thanks for the help!

sorry mate but you have a lower end system and A3 performance depends on higher clock speed and newer intel architecture along with an SSD for best performance. even though you have 2gb of ram on your video card it is DDR3 and the power of a 6670 is very low.

you will most likely be able to play SP on a mix of low and medium settings but i think MP will be out of reach :( unless you play on light missions with a only a handful of people.

my advice would be a system upgrade if you can, post a price point in here a we will have you spec a system.