Sign in to follow this  
rjc0235

missing feature? lacking aircraft

so i spent a nice quick "flick" through the tactical guide. (especialy interested in the aircraft section, as an ARMA II pilot)

however, after getting into the game, and instanty going to the editor to try it out, i found that aircraft were, limited, to say the least.

i couldn't find the F-35 or the C-192 that were mentioned in the guide, only helicopters, a single jet and recon aircraft.

now, am i looking in the wrong place, or is it just a "soon to be added" feature (really, ship a game without single player? and call the single player DLC? really? really!?! (but that's a WHOLE other topic))

even the Cesna that was apparently in the beta, i cant seem to find in the full release.

so, if anyone has the answer to this, please reply. many thanks.

I'd suggest that before buying a game, you should check the official website where there is the list of all the vehicles included in the final release.

I'd suggest that before buying a game, you should check the official website where there is the list of all the vehicles included in the final release.

lol that's funny MR..People are suppose to watch a bunch of promotional video and screens shots from IN GAME over a 2 year period and then at the last minute they should check to make sure they are in the final release...and of course after the release there selling a manual which shows item that are not actually there...do you not see something wrong here?

Edited by ric

lol that's funny MR..People are suppose to watch a bunch of promotional video and screens shots from IN GAME over a 2 year period and then at the last minute they should check to make sure they are in the final release...and of course after the release there selling a manual which shows item that are not actually there...do you not see something wrong here?

In my experience in PC games ( more than 20 years playing ), the final product tend to be different to what was shown during its creation. And to avoid crushing any more expectations, I always check at the last minute.

I guess it happen in any development of any kind ( from games to cars ).

On the upside being arma this will be at your fingertips with addons. The F-18 is already out and looks well. We will see some crappy ports from ARMA 2 but many people will make amazing stuff for 3. Im less concerned about the aircraft becaue they will get ported in rather soon I assume.

yes, but to omit vehicles that are in a paid for guide, in every promotional videos etc? that's a bit harsh. however. i (hope) that the current, thin, selection of kit and vehicles was just a whole "oh look, we have got atlas and stratis in pretty much bug free mode, the code is there, its gone gold, lets get it to the people ASAP and add features for free later"