Sign in to follow this  
super-truite

Difficulties to lock targets

I am not sure it belongs to the troubleshooting section as I am not sure it is a bug, but I find it really difficult to lock on targets.

I have to aim directly at the target and press TAB or T (or whatever key you binded to "Zoom and Lock") during 1 or 2 seconds. In the end it would be easier to

fire unguided rockets :confused: .

At some point, during the alpha, I just had to spam TAB or T to lock targets. For most of my friends it seems that it still works this way.

Am I the only one experiencing this issue?

I just removed my ticket on the feedback tracker as I am not sure it is an Arma bug or me doing something silly. I'll make another one when I'll know more about this issue.

Edited by super-truite

I know that, but I changed it back to TAB . And Note that I CAN STILL LOCK! It is just difficult to do so.

I'm not sure how it was in the beta and alpha (had no time to play during the beta phase), but it's the same for me. I have to get the crosshair right on the target i want to lock on to, otherwise it won't lock on.

In fact it looks like things have changed. If I use Next Target (R by default), I have no issues

If you are in a tank or a gunship, hit 2-2 to see a list of available targets. Hit the corrosponding number to lock that target. Works about half the time. In a gunship you will have to get some altitude to find any good targets. So make you kill AA cable units first so you don't end up dead.