Sign in to follow this  
odyseus

custon soldier config

hello guys, I m trying to get my soldier in game but i m having problems. I think the config i m using is messing something up. Instead of my model i m getting the traditional arma 3 model. anyideas?

here is it

class CfgPatches
{
          class BR_soldado_exercito
          {
                       units[]={};
                       weapons[]={};
                       requiredVersion = 1;
                       requiredAddons[]={"A3_Characters_F"};
           };
};
class CfgVehicleClasses
{
           class BR_soldado_exercito
           {
                        displayName="my_unit";
           };
};

class CfgVehicles
{
class B_Soldier_base_F;
class BR_soldado_exercito: B_Soldier_base_F
{
	model="\BR_soldado_exercito\soldado_exercito.p3d";
	scope=2;
	displayName="my_unit";
	hiddenSelections[]=
	{
		"Camo"
	};
};
};

Does any one know how can i go about making by itself, instead of using arma 3 classes. I m trying to have it under _ "Independent" _ "Country" _ "army"

I also want to know how to add the country flag icon

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 AM ----------

Ok guys so after try and errors i was able to get my unit in game. there is a small problem but i believe it to be due to me not finishing the rig the unit in O2. anyways can someone confirm it for me. Also please a little help on the config would be nice. here is the image http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2811/9704692257_7787982b43_o.jpg (365 kB)

Edited by Odyseus

I think you probably meant to post this in the configs & scripting forum... moving.

You can use this to get your Faction correctly.

class CfgFactionClasses {

class YOUR_MOD_NAME {
	displayName = "FACTION NAME";
	priority = 1;
        side = 2;
	icon = "\Data\UI\faction\factionIcon_ui.paa";
 };	
};

I think you probably meant to post this in the configs & scripting forum... moving.

Thank you Max. Sorry for the inconvenience.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Thank you EvilDutch. I will give it a go. Listen do you know if the problem i am having with my model is truly due to me not finishing making all the lods and stuff on O2?

Thank you EvilDutch. I will give it a go. Listen do you know if the problem i am having with my model is truly due to me not finishing making all the lods and stuff on O2?

I never did model work, well never build a model so don't know that mutch about lods or O2. I leave that to the pro's. All my units are re-textured ones from the independent side.