Sign in to follow this  
ddave

Is there a thread for how to make the AI awareness/accuracy realistic?

Ok, I know you guys have been working for years to make this game ultra-realistic and then I show up after having the game a couple of weeks and ask a stupid question like how do I make it realistic, but hear me out.

I have been using arma2 combined ops off steam. I have tried alternately, COWARMOD, ACE2, and ACE2 w/ COWARMODACE to see what all the goodies you guys have added are like. I play on the hard settings where you have to look through the sights to aim. I bought the game because it was supposed to realistic. I have been playing the quick missions and making up my own using the editor against the AI.

I can't believe that after all the work that has been spent modding arma2 in the above mods for years, that the AI still has godlike accuracy and awareness?

Am I the only one that doesn't like getting headshot by an ak47 from hundreds yards as I peek around a corner? Or prone behind a rock on a hillside and the same ak is hitting me from 500+ yards like they are shining a light on me.

try ASR AI Skills by Robalo

for you purpose you may only need:

Component: sys_aiskill

Description: AI skills and awareness improvements

asside of the randomness the spoting skills should be more palatable

Thanks

I see that in the COWARMOD and COWAMODACE mods. I am currently using ACE + COWARMOD, so I should be using that. Do I need to configure it somehow?

try also TPW AI Suppression mod

it works fine with Robalo's ASR AI Skills mod

together they go someway to taking the ninja out of your enemies

I modified the StealthRecognitionValues.hpp for a little less detection.

I modified the AI skill coefficients in asr_ai_settings.hpp

This seems to keep the AI from immediately killing me when it spots me. To be fair, the game is very realistic, but the limitations of the view resolution on a monitor make it very difficult.

I am having problems commanding my squad. I think that some of the mods are making them ultra cautious. So they essentially creep along and barely move. Sometimes they refuse to move at all. Does this sound like vanilla arma2 or is the squad AI getting overridden by mods in ace2 + cowarmod?

This stopping and creeping movement makes the game unplayable as it was designed. I don't have a squad that fights with me, I have a group of guys who stay 200-300 yards behind me when I have to move. I have tried all the squad commands, including ARD commands. I think this is related to when the squad knows there are enemies around.

Is there a mod relating to the amount of camo you get from being in the shade? IE, you are inside a building, in the dark? The AI seems to be able to spot me as easily inside a building as out. This, along with building clipping issues, mean that I am struggling to see enemies outside a building, while they seem to be able to see me clearly?