Sign in to follow this  
catkuba

Rocket launcher im65 - finished

just a quick question, in the gif in your sig is that a british frigate after being hit by an exocet? as if it is its in pretty bad taste

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">just a quick question, in the gif in your sig is that a british frigate after being hit by an exocet? as if it is its in pretty bad taste<span id='postcolor'>

Why? Any worse than any other countries vehicle being hit? I don't get what you mean...

i think that frigate is the only one they managed to take down until the french gave in (surrendered tounge.gif ) and told the british how to spoof their exocet.

gives you something to think about, most weapons systems in use today are made by europe, which kinda means we have the ability to take on a particularly high tech army and win. *wink wink, nudge*

sweet rocket launcher BTW, i can't wait to try it.

well a lot of people died on the frigates that were hit, it wouldnt be very tasteful if i put a screenshot of a dead argentinian in my signature...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well a lot of people died on the frigates that were hit, it wouldnt be very tasteful if i put a screenshot of a dead argentinian in my signature...<span id='postcolor'>

Evidently , you dont like argentinians , this is not the firts post in which you try to change the subject of conversation. Luckly i don t have the same feelings for british people although i indeed lost many friends in the Malvinas conflict.

But in other way, you may be right about my signature ... if im hurting anybody , i apologize for that , if that`s the case i wont have a problem in removing that particulary gif.

As i said in other post it would be better that those kind of replies ( which are off topic and incisive ) should be private msgs. I don`t have any problem , as said above to treat those subjects as a normal person.

And i'm all ears if anybody wants to discust or talk about this weapon (model)or any other that is in our project.

Salute!

i have no problem with argentinians, i am english and seeing a ship burning with fellow country men inside is slightly disturbing, same thing for an american to see the twin towers collapsing in a gif im sure they would ask me to remove it, no hard feelings intended smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (catkuba @ Aug. 19 2002,02:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">to B@ZOOkA:

As we all know OFP works with solid models. I mean that the model cant be animated and as you say , in real life , the launcher is shorter when someone transport it, and its opened to fire. This cant be done in OFP<span id='postcolor'>

shit.... a soldier with that huge launcher on the back will give a good (im afraid a too good) target for an enemy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CapMorganCD @ Aug. 19 2002,08:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Aug. 19 2002,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Aug. 19 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">argentina is 3rd world? er i would call it a developing country or developed<span id='postcolor'>

If it isn't third world it will be soon!

What else do you have in the works? This looks quite promising, more weapons or units perhaps?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, unfortunatly you'r wright, things looks like shit here.

You can chek the link at my signatures to see the proyect.

To all who asked: The model 'll be released with the capmaig, hopefully 12/2002.<span id='postcolor'>

well, i gess i was wrong...hehe

Isnt the Charlie G A recoiless rifle technically? I think they should put in Milans. And please yes I agree, I think that is slightly out of order imho. I have no problem with Argentinians

but that sort of stuff disturbs me, mostly Im okay with combat pictures even pretty grusome ones although I dont think they have any place here, this is a game and we dont want to begin relating to real war really. But being burnt alive trapped in a ship is probably my second worst way to die (before being sunk in a submarine) I hate the navy, as there is no escape, I hate tanks as there is no escape. Please, no pictures of burning ships, they make me feel like throwing up

OK, just a few nitpicks in your addon:

The ammo for this weapon only uses 1 slot, it should be 2 like other launchers, otherwise a soldier can carry 9 rounds!

There is no unit associated with the weapon, which means it has to be added manually.

It feels a bit weird using this type of weapon as a rifle instead of a launcher, and also means the soldier can't carry a rifle with it.

The textures need more detail, it just looks like a solid green tube on my screen.

imagewiz54120.jpg

OK, after all that negativity, I would just like to say that it is otherwise a very nice addon, and I hope you release an updated version.  smile.gif

Thanx for the feedback Major Fubar. We are already working on the texture, the "rifle position" and the unit (as you can see in the readme), but we forgot the ammo slot, we'll fix it ASAP.

Again, thanx for the reply!

Very nice, like the sights.

It's got the same bug as the motar has when reloading from the prone position, but I guess thats a bug in the game.

Also, is there supposed to be that nice picture you posted, in the weapons section of the note pad? Because I don't seem to get it.

One other thing, do you have a date for the release of your next version? Cos I would like to upload it to our addons section, if you don't mind smile.gif

Another little thing that i liked to see fixed. In the sight you have a 100m and a 200m aim point. The 100m aim point works but when you target a target at 200 your shot goes high so that line should be moved a little up.

to Intruder: The problem of the reload can't be solved. maybe is a bug as you said.

Yes, it should be the same weapon... confused.gif

Of course you can add the weapon and and other future addon to your spectacular site. You already have a mission from me there...hehe

We are also working on the ammo, the aim point and texture.

One thing that we don't know how to fix is the fire position. As we are using the weapon as a rifle so it can be fired from the prone position it can be also fired from the stand position. But we'r trying hard to fix that.

The unit will be released whit the campaign, so you will have to put it manualy meanwhile. At this point, It will carrie a pistol to use as support weapon. We'll release an ammo carrier unit too (soldier).

We'll release a new improved version of the weapon in a week or two, because we are just a few guys working on the project and there is sooooooo much to do. Hope you understand. see you soon.