Sign in to follow this  
promethius

Can't finish mission....

Has any body else had trouble with this one?

I get to the last objective (B), and kill everything.......then nothing happens....isn't the mission supposed to end there?

Can any one help? confused.gif

Make sure all the tanks are properly destroyed. Sometimes the tanks (T-80s in particular) are damaged enough for the crew to get out and they will turn to a white square on the radar, but they don't count as 'dead'. Put some extra shells into the tanks to make sure they're all dead. Make sure there's no infantry hiding anywhere as well.

I am also unable to finish this mission properly. after having finished off all tanks and soldiers the mission actually ends "mission completed" but as soon as I press "continue" it returns me to campaign selection screen and it looks like the mission is still in progress (saved at some point, waiting to be played).

I noticed that unlike all other missions this mission does create a "missions" folder in the "1985" folder and puts all files there instead into the "1985" folder.

is it a 1.91 patch (my status) bug or what?

thanx!

Predator out!

Resistance is futile.

@ June 01 2003,16:40)]I am also unable to finish this mission properly. after having finished off all tanks and soldiers the mission actually ends "mission completed" but as soon as I press "continue" it returns me to campaign selection screen and it looks like the mission is still in progress (saved at some point, waiting to be played).

Search The FAQ for "menu bounce bug". If that's what you're referring to, it's one of OFP's oldest and peskiest bugs.

I have exactly this particular problem. Nothing helped so far but I haven't tried the replacement OFP file ... and I hope I can find some other way, i.e. reverting from older missions ...

thank you very much, the avlon lady!

I strongly hope this problem will go away since OFP is the only game I am still enjoying OFFLINE (Falcon 4.0 is not as challenging as it used to be).

Predator out!

Resistance is futile.

@ June 01 2003,22:13)]I have exactly this particular problem. Nothing helped so far but I haven't tried the replacement OFP file ... and I hope I can find some other way, i.e. reverting from older missions ...

thank you very much, the avlon lady!

I strongly hope this problem will go away since OFP is the only game I am still enjoying OFFLINE (Falcon 4.0 is not as challenging as it used to be).

You could always resort to the CAMPAIGN cheat, too.

I guess I have solved my problem.

Although I can't give a good explanation for it I believe that it was connected to my previous mission (find but do not destroy three shilkas, just radio their positions). Although I knew the position of shilka #2 (prima's mission guide = OFP gold edition give-away) I was unable to actually find it and I decided to finish this mission with minus points by only finding two shilkas etc. Since I was so desperate about getting this hilldozer mission right (campaign rating matters to me) I reverted to the shilka mission and replayed it. This time I was able to find ALL three shilkas. After that I started Hilldozer and saved the mission but on this try OFP did not create a "mission" sub-folder and everything seems to be normal.

I also noticed a difference in the save.fps file headers. While the broken mission's save games have a header like this here: "... mode ... ARCADE ... nextMagazineID,...audible..." (... are placeholders for squares since I used wordpad to open the files) while the good save game has a little different header at the same position, like this here: "... CurrentCampaign..1985...CurrentBattle...Part2...CurrentMission...28KilldozerParty...mode..

.ARCADE...nextMagazineID..."

I know this is not very important since almost every dedicated player (but me) has already done all this missions but I just wanted to share me observations.

Again, thank you very much!

Predator out!

Resistance is futile.