Sign in to follow this  
Victim9l3

Waypoints for crews that take over empty vehicles

I have been trying to figure out the correct formula for my squad to get out of a vehicle that was previously empty. I'm using boats in this example. I wanted to have opfor crewman to be the crew of a boat rather than the crew that comes with the boat. I think the boats default crew is a rifleman, but I wan't crewman. So I start with empty boat and name it.

The 3 crewmembers have moveingunner and assignasgunner, driver, commander. So it's their boat. I have a squad of infantry "moveincargo". I've tried all the usual waypoints and combinations of waypoints but I can't get the squad to get out.

Transport unload for the crew does not eject the squad - a boat that starts off with a crew as default will eject them. Triggers and/or waypoints telling the squad to get out doesn't work. A default boat will find the nearest shore and let the squad get out.

None of the usual stuff works.

Does anyone know how to get this to work? It does the same thing with helicopters too if I remember correctly. And please don't respond with "just start off with the default loaded boat."

Thank you

You can place an initial unit on the map, capture it's group via waypointPath = group this; then use copyWaypoints to apply those waypoints to another group later.