Sign in to follow this  
Niklas

RPG 42 range markers not accurate?

I have noticed that shooting targets up to 200 meters with the RPG 42 is fine, but after that, the 300, 400 and 500 meter markers all fall short and the rocket does not hit. Am i missing something or are the range markers simply not accurate?

200m markers let you hit targets, but the rounds still fall a little short.

The trajectory also seems extremely high.

Such a type of concern is what I find really annoying with BIS. I would like to think that someone would be responsible for quality assurance with regard to how scopes work, but I am left doubting if anyone is keeping an eye on this. Of course, there is no way for me to know if any current really issue has been there all along or if it possibly is some error being a consequence of the game being worked on.

So to sum up, I doubt that the weapons in Arma 3 work as intended with regard to accuracy, realism and how precisely scopes work, which is unfortunate.

It shouldn't be up to beta testers to try make sure such things work as intended I think. Surely there is some internal dev tool to make sure weapons perform as expected?

So to sum up, I doubt that the weapons in Arma 3 work as intended with regard to accuracy, realism and how precisely scopes work, which is unfortunate.

The RPG scope used to work perfectly. From what I have read on the feedback tracker and here something changed that affected the distance the rounds travel and it is being fixed.

Treehugger, the scope is brand new, as is the new ballistic flightpath. Chill out.