Sign in to follow this  
aaronhance

How can I have an addAction if the player is in an area?

Hey, I was wondering how can I add an addAction to the player while the player is in a certain area?

couple of ways - could do it by way of a trigger - or you could have it attached to the object in the area, or attach it to the player and use the conditions part of the code - "condition: String - (optional, Arma 2 only, default:true) Code that must return true for action to be shown. Special variables "_target" (unit to which action is attached to) and "_this" (caller/executing unit) can be used in the evaluation."

couple of ways - could do it by way of a trigger - or you could have it attached to the object in the area, or attach it to the player and use the conditions part of the code - "condition: String - (optional, Arma 2 only, default:true) Code that must return true for action to be shown. Special variables "_target" (unit to which action is attached to) and "_this" (caller/executing unit) can be used in the evaluation."

How would one use a trigger for this?

must admit im not too great when it comes to using the editor trigs - but place one down - activate with bluefor - type none - present - condition this - on act you could have

hint format ["%1: entered trig", thislist]; (thislist select 0) addaction ["Say hello",{hint "hello"}];

- on dea - have

hint "you left"; 

if that works - then you have a start - but this depends on what you want to do with the addaction - if you dont want him to keep it then you will have to remove it regardless if he uses it or not.