Sign in to follow this  
sakura_chan

Please help! Dead objects in Stratis :(

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161146-KEYS-No-action-menu

Okay I've been working on my new interaction system for A3, but with the latest beta patch they have removed the ability to detect or interact with most of the objects on Stratis. Things like chairs, toilets etc can no longer be detected as they don't use a config class any more. You can't add actions to them either. My question is, how did they do this? Can it be undone with config editing? In visitor, what is the difference between placing an animated object like a house and a static object like a bush? I've never used visitor, so I don't know how items are placed. If you could at least tell me to give up it would put my mind to rest

You used to be able to find them with nearobjects, and they could have animations because they were a class. I've since made an awesome workaround.

Visitor placed objects such as Bushes trees and ambient classes only ever been found by Nearestobjects /nearobject [player,[]10]

You can send them to a script though i have ben using throughout hadnt realised anything different .

FYI

i was returning the type and position so i could place certain layouts on my own terrain.

Bushes and Trees have never had configs only a property name in there O2 Geometry Model and a prefix of C_ clutter ,T_ tree and B_bush IIRC

buildings similar but the Name of the P3d is usually the exact same as the Class in the config.cpp but with Land_ added in the CPP to identify it has a Visitor placed object i presume.

Edited by Sealife