Sign in to follow this  
KodeBluu

Very Low Fps Issue Compared To Arma 2 (I know it is beta)

Hey guys,im having some problems with my arma 3,i know it is beta and isn't completely optimized yet but i shouldn't be running at around 7 fps on multiplayer should i? on arma 2 i can play at 40 fps on most servers,but on arma 3 i play at around 7. ive tried changing my setting alot of times but i get to change what so ever. Here are my specs:

4 GB Ram

Nvidea Geforce GTX 650

AMD Athlon II X4 651 Quad Core

Windows 7 ultimate.

If not could anybody tell me new pc parts to get that can help my fps issues or something to resolve it.

Thanks.

(P.s. Im sorry if this is posted in the wrong place but i couldn't find no help anywhere.)

I have about 15 in the editor and 10 in missions,i get around the same on other servers but ones like wasteland and domination i just dont even bother joining anymore

Get something that lets you measure your current fps and the GPU and CPU usage (MSI Afterburner for example). Start the game and see what part bottlenecks.

Holy shit.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147533-Low-CPU-utilization-amp-Low-FPS

Did you not even SEE the sticky?

You can also go:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147391-Will-my-PC-run-this-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-What-System-Specifications

Things to try:

1) Measure framerate in singleplayer.

2) Turn down in-game settings.

3) Shut off background programs.

And then there are some other various tweaks that likely will have little effect like changing Windows graphics settings, changing themes, Catalyst settings...

Your specs look good enough to run the game on better settings than my settings so try mine out.

Also relevant: monitor resolution.

how am i meant to check if its bottlenecked or anything? i have the program up

bottlenecked basically means that either your cpu or your graphics card is not fully utilized because one or the other is considerably worse than the other.

CPU and graphics card need to work together to produce results. Look at your CPU usage when you have the game running, is it high or low? (it should be high, if its low youre bottlenecked)

EDIT: atleast i think so, im not an expert on the matter.

GPU Temperature:37

GPU Usage: 12

Core Clock:324

Memory clock: 324

Memory usage: 533

GPU Temperature:37

GPU Usage: 12

Core Clock:324

Memory clock: 324

Memory usage: 533

I'd recommend you change your settings as I described earlier.

I'm sure bottlenecking shouldn't be an issue unless there's something broken.

But looking at your values anyways were they recorded while you were playing the game?

If you’re going to tell us any values they should be values taken while you’re playing the game then alt+tabbing out of it and checking what the readings were 10 seconds ago when you were still playing.

12% GPU usage and 324 core clock sounds like to me that your stuff really isn’t working much so I’m guessing you took them at the desktop?

But anyways, I don’t think those values are necessary so don’t bother unless you want to.

If you want to run the game better the first step is telling us your graphics settings.

Set shadows to 'standard' or higher, that'll offload them to the GPU.

Objects to low

FSAA off

SSAO off

PPAA disabled

We really need a well made sticky thread that has all of this info easily accesible. People are asking the same questions over and over and over.

The current sticky thread is over a hundred pages long and just impossible for new people to deal with.

if i change the settings it only gets worse,so the settings i use Ingame are just standard

if i change the settings it only gets worse,so the settings i use Ingame are just standard

You need to be more specific, which settings? the ones I mentioned?

You need to be more specific, which settings? the ones I mentioned?

All of the video setting i have reset back to default.

All of the video setting i have reset back to default.

Please dont rely on the presets, they're less than ideal. Ideally you need to try each setting individually and record the differences.

Use a combination of GPU-Z and task manager to monitor utilisation of your hardware.