Sign in to follow this  
Taxen0

units in trigger alerted

Hi, I want a trigger to go off when a group inside a trigger detects enemy units, right now I have blufor - detected by - opfor,

but this forces me to make the trigger really big and it's not working as I want it 100%. (random patrols and other units can fire the trigger if unlucky)

Is there a way to make a trigger work more like this: opfor - detected - blufor?

blufor detected by opfor and opfor detected blufor would be the same thing. I'm not quite sure what you're wanting. Are you wanting a trigger to go off only when one specific opfor group detects blufor? Why wouldn't you want things to kick off if a random patrol sees blufor? Need more details please. :)

It's pretty much the same thing, but the trigger that is in the game fires if a blufor 'inside' the trigger is detected by opfor.

If it was the other way around then it would fire if an opfor inside the trigger spotted a blufor(anywhere), in my mind at least =)

anyway that's the effect I'm after, sorry if I were confusing.

Ahh, so you only care when specific opfor units detect blufor? Hmm. I'd probably set the trigger to check their behaviour. Once they detect someone they'll switch to behaviour from "AWARE" to "COMBAT" so just check for that.

{behaviour _x == "COMBAT"} count [unit1, unit2] > 0

thanks kylana!

{behaviour _x == "COMBAT"} count thisList > 0

So this in the condition on a trigger set to activate on opfor present should fire when any opfor unit (not blufor) in the trigger radius spot an enemy(change to combat-behaviour), right?

Also, unrelated question. Do they change to combat behaviour if they get hit by arty or a concealed sniper?

No activation needed for that, since there's no this in the condition it ignores the BLUFOR PRESENT and all those things from the trigger. It simply goes off when the combat mode changes.

Shooting the guy will change the combat mode but artillery doesn't seem to faze him. Even after he kneels down to heal himself from damage from a mortar shell landing in his face he's still on AWARE instead of COMBAT.

Ok, I was thinking that the activation would help filter out blufor units from the trigger list. I guess I'll just add a side check as well.

Thanks =)

edit: Tried it, and it did not work, but after changing the trigger activation to opfor it worked correctly.

thanks again!

Edited by Taxen0