Sign in to follow this  
MrSanchez

[MP] Trouble In Terrorist Town

customLogo.gif?revision=6

ArmA II style.

Introduction:

Some of you may have heard about the Garry's Mod game mode Trouble In Terrorist Town already.

About a week ago I started working on a new ArmA II mission, an exact remake of G-mod's Trouble In Terrorist Town.

Trouble In Terrorist Town is a psychological deathmatch game mode, the game is about a group of "terrorists" who have traitors among them, out to kill everyone who's not a traitor.

At the start, a small number of players (based upon amount of players in-game) is selected as traitors, their goal is to kill everyone who is not a traitor. The innocents are in the majority but do not know who is a traitor and who is not, this causes distrust among the innocents. Along with the selection of the traitors, a detective is also selected, usually counts as 12.5% of the player count (e.g. 1 detective per 8 players) whereas the traitors are 25% of the player count. The detective is also an innocent but has special equipment alike the traitors' special equipment, the detective's job is to identify the traitors, he can do so by investigating crime scenes with a DNA scanner or a visualizer as an example. Overall, no-one can trust each other which results in great situations.

I started the project on the 4th of August, 2013, and so far these are the current, working features

Features:

-15 minute time limit.

-Currently set on Thirsk Island in the city Thirsk.

-On mission start, random weapons are generated inside buildings, on the ground.

-Detectives receive a M1014 shotgun once selected.

-Detectives as addition to checking bodies, they can also see who the last person the victim saw when he was alive.

-Flare guns are able to set people on fire and harm them.

-Dead bodies can be checked and a message will be displayed (e.g. "Player1 found the body of Player2, he was a Traitor!")

-On player death, players will be taken to a spectator screen where they can talk with other dead people (ACE/ACRE only)

-Traitors have a shop where they currently can buy: Jihad bomb(working), Silenced sniper(working)

-Detectives have a shop where they currently can buy: Visualizer(working), Pocket revolver(working)

-At round start, detectives and traitors are selected and notified.

-Detectives have blue nametags where all other players have a (currently) beige nametag when pointing at them.

-Traitors can see their fellow traitors by player icon.

-Preparing/Innocent/Traitor/Detective 'textdraws' (dialogs)

My plan is to implement pretty much all the features that are in the original gamemode that are possible to re-create in ArmA II, currently working on the DNA scanner.

After the features are implemented, I will make copies on different maps, e.g. Chernarus, Fallujah, Shapur, Takistan etc.

Also I might make a non-ACE/CBA version, however this would require me to replace all the CBA functions I used with e.g. RE and removal of certain weapons/features (e.g. Flaregun).

Requirements:

-ACE modification

-CBA modification

-ACRE modification (optional)

-Thirsk Island

Media:

Alpha testing the project with my unit, recorded by Pirate:

Video was removed, a new video will be put in place sometime soon.

Download:

So far the project just started, so I'd like to keep this as a WIP page and I'll put up a download link once I'll release it.

It is expected to be released in Q1 2014 - I have stopped working on it for a bit.

Kind regards,

Martin

Edited by PhonicStudios