Sign in to follow this  
OntosMk1

Satchel, deliver us from this evil!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Satchel I hope your still around man. Cuz OPF:R Needs you baaaaad. Most of you that read the forums or have read my posts have all heard me rant and rave over Satchel's soundpack and those of you that love the realism of his sound pack will agree with me in PRAYING that he delivers another sound addon to OPF:R. Hell, just import the old ones over. Gawd i wish i had the tools to do it myself. I live very close to Ft.Knox, Ky and have access to pretty much all the firearms and weaponry of the OPF arsenal. There is a place called Knobs Creek here in Kentucky which has an a "machine gun shoot" Twice a year. People bring all sorts of weapons ranging from .22 caliber rifles up to 105mm Howitzers and firing them off at cars and such. http://www.knobcreekshoot.com/

right there ya go..in short; Satchel, let us know your working on a soundpack for Resistance or something. PLEEAASSSEEE

biggrin.gif

I've tried said "battlesounds" and although it i s a worthy effort. It pales in comparison to Satchel's range sounds. NONE of the assault rifles sound even remotly realistic. The tanks sound all the same despite engine type or make. So in short thanks but no thanks. Satchel's sounds impressed me to the point were nothing else will do other than Satchel or some enterprising young man importing the old VERY realistic sounds to OFP:R. I know i suck and im hard headed. But when sounds like those of Satchel's make your jaw drop in awe you tend to "spoil" yourself.

Id like the dynamic range back for resistance too. I would do it myself if I knew how. I only had one problem with it and that was that it always made my computer freeze in multiplayer.

Satchels Dynamic Sound addon amazed me and im lost without it in OFP:R. Dont get me wrong, ive tried -all- of the other soundpacks and appreciate them very much, but Satchels is just in a league of its own IMHO.

In a post a while ago, Satchel mentioned that he would probably begin working on his soundpack for OFP:R, but that it would not be out for a long time. I hope he still plans to make it because it just transforms the enjoyment of playing the game to a new level.

BAM.

I think I heard that somebody did a new soundpack for OFP:R based on Satchel's sound. I can't however remember when, where, who, how or why... so if anybody else knows feel free to step forward smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Aug. 11 2002,22:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think I heard that somebody did a new soundpack for OFP:R based on Satchel's sound. I can't however remember when, where, who, how or why... so if anybody else knows feel free to step forward smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

please use our wonderful search function.

this thread

geeze, aren't you the lazy one here! tounge.gif

Read the last post of that thread. It is apparently not entirely based on Satchel's sounds, and hence not the one that I was talking about. The one that I know of is basically just a resistance config for Satchel's sounds smile.gif

hhmmm...well, it's not completly Satchel's but it has some in it.

did you try the sound pack that placebo linked above?

Yes he has Ralph, Munger's is "Battlesounds".