Sign in to follow this  
dinoboy123

Trying to adapt my map addon for a public server, having issues with bisign/bikey

I orignially had a similar post in the servers section, but no one has responded yet and its been a few days and I really need to make progress adapting my map.

I have very limited experience when it comes to adapting my content for server use, so any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm currently trying to work with a server owner who is willing to test my map. However, one issue we are both a little lost on is how to use the bikeys/bisign files. I was under the impression that the bisign files are just the individual key pbo's accompanying each signed pbo addon, as seen in each mod folder. The public bikey, i thought, was just a key used only by the server owner for ensuring no content without being properly signed could enter the server. According to this server owner, i'm mistaken.

Here are his quotes about the issue:

"i get wrong signature errors, and there is no bisign [a key that encompasses the whole mod]"

"no no you have all the bikeys in the pbo, which is correct. but then you need a bisign for the entire mod."

Sorry if these questions are noob-ish, but its my first time publicly releasing this map

thanks for any help!

-Andrew

each addon .pbo requires a .bisign file which are based on your public .bikey file

You are correct about the bikey being used by the server owner only (ie: client does not need this file). It sounds like he's got it reversed ("bikeys in the pbo and bisigns for the entire mod").

For the server operator, he'll need to put the .bikey file in the ArmaRoot\Keys folder

for the clients you just need to have the .bisign files in the same dir as the .pbo files.