Sign in to follow this  
rmk80

[SP/MP] Operation Artemis by RMK

Hi,

I mostly like to play A3 in SP or in a small COOP with friends against AI.

Inspired by Insurgency and other user missions on this forum, i finally found the the time to make my own.

This mission is fully scripted and can be played as SP as well as COOP (Hosted).

It has 10 playable slots in 2x 5-member squads (COOP 2-10).

All is written from scratch except the ammo box script (authors: Riouken, Pzar, dwringer)

I'm not sure if it works on a dedicated server, I believe there are some issues regarding certain commands not being compatible.

From a scripting point of view it should work.

Operation Artemis

The whole map of Stratis is occupied by East forces, except for the airbase which is controlled by West.

The goal of the mission is to capture all Red zones across the island, which are calculated based on the vincinity of roads and buildings.

The total amount can be controlled as a mission parameter when you play as MP [Nr of zones on map].

Whenever a human player comes near a zone, random troops and vehicles may spawn.

Their presence, amount, unittype etc. are randomly chosen on every activation of a zone.

If there are no more enemies in a zone, a zone is captured.

The distance at which zones activate is 600 meter by default and this can be adjusted in MP for performance reasons [Activation radius of zones].

Also you can disable spawning allied units in Blue (captured) zones [Enable West AI units], however this kills immersion and disables random skirmishes.

If you play in SP, you can teamswitch to any teammember, while staying in command.

Also, when you and all your teammates die, you can teamswitch to a new member on the airbase.

So this functions as a type of respawn.

The mission currently has the following features:

* Recruit AI team when on the airbase (HQ) by using your scroll wheel menu (can be disabled in MP)

You can remove selected AI units by radio 0-0-1

* Heal yourself and AI team members (if you are the group leader) when on the airbase (HQ) by using your scroll wheel menu

* Insert yourself and you team into the battlfield by HALO Jump by using the flagpole in HQ.

Note: This feature is currently crashing MP servers, so it is disabled by default at the moment!

* Insert yourself and you team into the battlfield by Helicopter by using your scroll wheel menu (can be disabled in MP) and clicking on the map.

A helo will pick you up at base and fly your to your destination. This is either a littlebird or the SF chopper (random).

There can only be 1 request at the time, and a request can be cancelled by using the scroll wheel menu as well.

* Extract yourself and you team out of the battlfield by Helicopter by using your scroll wheel menu (can be disabled in MP) and clicking on the map.

A helo will pick you up at your pickup location and fly you back to base. This is either a littlebird or the SF chopper (random).

There can only be 1 request at the time, and a request can be cancelled by using the scroll wheel menu as well.

* Request Mortar support by using your scroll wheel menu (can be disabled in MP) and clicking on the map.

* Autohealing feature: medics in your AI team will automatically go and heal wounded members when in battle. Can be disable in MP [Enable autoheal by medic].

* A lot of vehicles are at your disposal at the airbase. They are automatically repaired, reloaded en refueled when on the airbase and with a human player inside.

* Save your loadout by using your scroll wheel menu

* Show some stats of the performance of the game (server stats, e.g. fps, amount of units, etc). Can be disabled by clicking again.Can also be activated by using the radio 0-0-2

* Commit suicide (leftover of testing)

Apart from that there are the following options to change in MP parameters:

[Teamsize player] The max size of your squad

[show markers Opfor] Show enemy markers

[show markers Bluefor] Show allied markers

[infantery only (in zones)] Disable spawning vehicles in zones

I spend a lot of time testing all coding, and have not been getting any script errors anymore lately.

Therefore i am releasing it now, to see if all works well. I do have to say i'll be on a vacation the next 3 weeks, so I won't be doing any corrections any time soon.

I would love it if some of you could play it and let me know what you think.

Also if you find any bugs, please leave a comment on this thread.

Note that is is still version 0.8, so no fancy briefings, voice acting or side missions, etc (yet?).

Have Fun!

Download latest stable version (from dropbox) [0.8d]:

Version 0.8d:

* Fixed script error

* Fixed error ammo box due to beta

* Added AI skill as mission parameter

* Added steam workshop support

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gdrj7jqkn536q0h/Operation%20Artemis%20v0.8d.Stratis.pbo

Edited by rmk80
Fixed script error / added skill parameter

Giving it a whirl!!

One thing (before I play it), it seems as though there is a lot of stuff tied to the action bar, does this impede interaction with other stuff, if you know what I mean?

That's true! I forgot to remove the suïcide option and i could disable server stats as well. The other option is to use the radio for interaction but personally i like using the scroll menu.

Dude this is awesome! i am mostly an SP player myself because I don't have a lot of friends to play with and I live far from most servers so I tend to get high ping.

This is godsend, I hope you keep it primarily as an SP or few players game because there's alot of other MP missions anyway.

This with "A whole lotta stratis", and "DUWS" could keep me occupied

I hope you add side missions soon and the virtual ammo box! and If you can, add workshop support :)

Edited by lyndonguitar

Dude this is awesome! i am mostly an SP player myself because I don't have a lot of friends to play with and I live far from most servers so I tend to get high ping.

This is godsend, I hope you keep it primarily as an SP or few players game because there's alot of other MP missions anyway.

This with "A whole lotta stratis", and "DUWS" could keep me occupied

I hope you add side missions soon and the virtual ammo box! and If you can, add workshop support :)

Thanks! I really appreciate your comment!

I will keep it playable as SP because just like you i like to play alone or with just 1 or 2 friends most of the time.

I will try to add Side missions when i am back from holiday. Also thinking about adding air support on demand!

What exactly do you mean by adding workshop support?!

Did you encounter any problems while playing?

Thanks! I really appreciate your comment!

I will keep it playable as SP because just like you i like to play alone or with just 1 or 2 friends most of the time.

I will try to add Side missions when i am back from holiday. Also thinking about adding air support on demand!

What exactly do you mean by adding workshop support?!

Did you encounter any problems while playing?

Arma 3 now supports steam workshop, so you could update it to support it too and put the map there, and we can automatically get the new updates and all that.

I have one problem encountered so far, I capture half of agia marina with my 5 man squad and an APC and 1 guy got killed and one injured, So I guess I had to extract out.

on the helo extraction, when the heli was landing it came under light enemy fire from afar(rifle shots), when the helo finally landed every pilot disembarked and left the heli, but the heli wasn't even damaged and no pilot was injured, my squad entered the heli but nothing happened, after some time it said "Extraction Aborted" and the heli kicked us all out and magically disappeared

I tested 8c yesterday, multiplayer coop with myself being the only player. When spawning an AI squad, a broken script message kept sitting on the screen that appears to be related to healing. This would only go away when I got rid of the team. Other than that, a great mission. I do find the enemies to be WAY too lethal at ranged engagements (I played infantry only). Please consider adding an enemy difficulty parameter as well.

Great mission, thanks!

Thanks for the feedback! I will try to fix both of the issues. Next release will probably the last week of August.

Just a question regarding the script error: does it also come up if you disable the autoheal function in missions parameters?

I get a script error as well..soon as I mouse wheel anything on the intial base spawn. Forgot what it said but it may be healing too. Will check and let you know.

---------- Post added at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:07 ----------

the box says..

'...ount units group_u >0) &&_u distance |#|_x<radiusheals}_do_{

{if(alive_x &&...'

error undefined variable in expression:_x

file missions\__cur_sp.stratis\client\autoheal.sqf.line10

hope that helps..since it doesn't go away on my screen! And yes the enemy is deadly from great distance! lol And they are Eagle eyes too!

Doc

Yes! That certainly helps. I see i made a mistake in the last version. Here is a link to version 08a which is stable:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k0shrq30vmc50y/Operation%20Artemis%20v0.8a.Stratis.pbo

Or you could host a LAN game and disable autoheal in mission parameters for now.

I can't fix it from here but I will when i'am back!

Edited by rmk80
Correct link

I fixed the script error and added AI skill as a mission parameter.

See first post for updated download link!