Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

Tasks Issue in Multiplayer Co op

If I run through the mission from within the editor everything relating to tasks works perfectly. When I play the mission with a friend in multiplayer, the first task works up to and including succeeded, but the next task does not show and neither do any subsequent tasks as you progress through the mission.

Any ideas why this might be?

Thanks

Toni(IR)

Locality. You'll see this "issue" quite often and it's simply how ARMA works as it can be quite useful. Some commands and conditions are only available or true for only one client, several or the server.

To help you, you need to explain how you are running the tasks.

Locality. You'll see this "issue" quite often and it's simply how ARMA works as it can be quite useful. Some commands and conditions are only available or true for only one client, several or the server.

To help you, you need to explain how you are running the tasks.

Hi Cuel,

I am placing a create task down by using the modules. I then have a task succeeded linked to the create task and then also linked to a trigger. For example the 1st trigger is a !alive emp_helo_1. Therefore when you destroy the target vehicle (helo) the task succeeds and the next create task fires. As I said, when testing via editor they fire like clockwork, when playing MP with my friend (I only have one :( ), the first task works, including the succeed but the next task does not fire/create and none of the subsequent task fire or succeed.

Does that help at all?

Toni(IR)

Sorry to hear you only have one friend ;)

Please read my link, someone there explained how to successfully use the task modules.

You can just sync each task to every unit. I am sure there are easier ways but that's how I have it in my mission. And it works.

I did just that and it seems to have resolved the issue. Apart from one success which I think I missed.

Thanks KDK

T