Sign in to follow this  
Netherwulf

Display Vehicle Attitude In HUD

I drive using the rover's built-in cameras almost exclusively for the sake of realism/immersion --only switching to the orbit camera when I get really disoriented. But when driving like this, it is very difficult to determine the grade of the terrain. As a result, I often end up on the side of a hill without even realizing it until I begin to slide down it.

I would like to see the vehicle's pitch and roll displayed on the HUD. This can either be in the form of an artificial horizon (like in an aircraft) or simply as text values listed in degrees (from -90° to 90°).

Interesting idea, can you please write it down and send to our feedback tracker? Just to make sure we're going to look what we can do about it. ;-)

Yup, that would be a good thing - it is almost impossible sometimes to judge the tilt or roll angle of the rover through the camera (especially with fixed camera!). So some indication, be it either graphical or as a numerical read-out would be a great help in hilly terrain.

I drive using the rover's built-in cameras almost exclusively for the sake of realism/immersion --only switching to the orbit camera when I get really disoriented. But when driving like this, it is very difficult to determine the grade of the terrain. As a result, I often end up on the side of a hill without even realizing it until I begin to slide down it.

I would like to see the vehicle's pitch and roll displayed on the HUD. This can either be in the form of an artificial horizon (like in an aircraft) or simply as text values listed in degrees (from -90° to 90°).

I also prefer to use the camera for immersion and haven't really had this issue. When approaching a hill there is a change in the horizon. Yes, it can be more difficult at night especially when you have a fixed camera. But once you get the higher end gear and the ability to rotate the camera, this isn't really an issue.

Perhaps, these could be additional sensors that could risk damage.