Sign in to follow this  
CrazyAirborne

Working on a MP Mission, have issue with Trigger timing, is it client side?

Ok so basically I want to have the mission have a 15 minute time limit.

Ive found triggers are the way to do this. While testing it online with a few friends, we realized the hints I had triggered to let players know how much time was left, werent showing up at the same time for all of us, it seemed like the guy who joined the server 15-30 seconds later, was getting the tiggered messages 15-30 seconds later.

The final trigger at 15 minutes is to end the game. Again this player didnt have his game end, and he stayed ingame for 15-30 seconds longer than anyone else. Any ideas?

anyone have any suggestions for a really easy ingame countdown timer for mission ending type thing?

hope im explaining this good enough, thanks in advance!

Have the server keep track of the time and tell the clients when to hint instead of using triggers for everyone.

Have the server keep track of the time and tell the clients when to hint instead of using triggers for everyone.

How do I do this?

Only have the triggers running on the server and send out variables which trigger messages on the clients at the right time. Due to lag it might not be exactly 15 minutes but it'll be the same for everyone.