Sign in to follow this  
-ami- mofo

Helicopter won't land now, but it did before (the beta)

Hi guys I had a mission working fine before (the beta) where a MH9 would pick us up and drop us off at set waypoints.

We just tried playing the mission then and it picked us up and followed the waypoints but then just kept on flying past the LZ.

I have a MH9 called mh9 and the group is called alpha.

I have an invisible helicopter pad with two waypoints, the first is an unload waypoint with mh9 land "get out"; in the on act. The second is a move waypoint with ({!(alive _x) || _x in mh9} count (units alpha)) == 0; in the condition field.

Now I know this was working fine in alpha as I tested it and we played it and I haven't changed anything in the mission since. But now it won't land and let us out. The strange thing is it lands and pick us up at the start of the mission using a very similar method.

wtf? I'm befuddled :-/

Fixed.

For some reason I have to now set the LZ unload and move waypoints combat mode to "never fire". Otherwise it ignores the LZ and keeps on flying to the enemy base which is pretty far in the distance but which is just visible from the LZ.

This wasn't needed in the alpha but maybe they've adjusted the AI detection range in the beta? I dunno.