Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

tasks help please!!

right im getting really worked up with these modules. ive watched every tutorial

thanks to jester and h8ermaker.

right this is the problem.

the set task destination does not want to work.

and i cannot figure out how to make it so when you click preview the task is already assigned (meaning you don't have to click in map and set as current task)

this is my setup below.

create task - my set task destination is synced to this!

sync

set task state - succeeded

sync

trigger - blufor activated present

this is what is on every tutorial and it does not work.

the destination does not want to work, and i cannot figure how to make it automatically assign the task.

someone help me

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Edited by tyl3r99

Not sure about the destination thing, maybe it's just bugged. I will try it tomorrow and then report back.

For the auto-assigning of tasks you simply add another set task state - module, set it to "assigned" and sync it to the create task module.

Just put a marker on the map for the destination, no need to hold hands. :)

The task destination is bugged. it works sometimes when the task triggers but its very rare. Put it in the mission and it might be fixed in future patch or release.

i did think that because i watched tutorial on Jesters channel and he was in the alpha when he made the vid and he said the destination works 10% of the time

here is the relevant ticket.

also is a mission attached of my simple setup...

can people give it a try?

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=12220

1st task does the following

-creates

-autoassigns

-shows destination

-completes

the 2nd task does this??

-creates

-does NOT assign

-does not locate

- does not complete

Edited by tyl3r99

As they said, it is not working properly. Sometimes it works and some times it doesn't. Solution: place a maker in the deisred destination, and make it so the trigger that activates the mission also creates the marker.

I struggled with getting task modules to work in my first ArmA3 mission for quite a while. I found that tasks wouldn't activate properly, tasks would appear out of order in the briefing, and that not all players would see them in MP. I eventually worked through all of those issues and have it working very reliably. To see how I have it working, head over here and download my mission. Feel free to dePBO it and look at how I set the task modules in the editor. Pay close attention to the synchronizations and the triggers.

As they said, it is not working properly. Sometimes it works and some times it doesn't. Solution: place a maker in the deisred destination, and make it so the trigger that activates the mission also creates the marker.

i dunno how to do that bit haha sorry :P

I struggled with getting task modules to work in my first ArmA3 mission for quite a while. I found that tasks wouldn't activate properly, tasks would appear out of order in the briefing, and that not all players would see them in MP. I eventually worked through all of those issues and have it working very reliably. To see how I have it working, head over here and download my mission. Feel free to dePBO it and look at how I set the task modules in the editor. Pay close attention to the synchronizations and the triggers.

thanks mate i will see what i can do...

I say just create it through a script. The destination works all the time for.

BIS_fnc_SetTask;
/*
Author: Karel Moricky

Description:
Set a task parameters.
Create the task when it doesn't exist.

Parameters:
	0: STRING or ARRAY - Task ID or array in the format [task ID, parent task ID]
	1: Task owner(s)
		BOOL - true to set task of all playable units
		OBJECT - set task of a specific object
		GROUP - set tasks of all objects in the group
		SIDE - set tasks of all objects of the given side
		ARRAY - collection of above types
	2: ARRAY - Task description in the format ["description", "title", "marker"]
	3: Task destination
		OBJECT
		ARRAY - either position in format [x,y,z], or [object,precision] as used by setSimpleTaskTarget command
	4: Task state
		STRING - one of "CREATED", "ASSIGNED", "SUCCEEDED", "FAILED" or "CANCELED"
		BOOL - true to set the task as current
	5: NUMBER - priority. When a current task is completed, system select a next one with the larges priority >= 0
	6: BOOL - true to show notification (default), false to disable it
	7: BOOL - true to set task globally (default), false to set it only locally

Returns:
STRING - Task ID
*/

wow that mission you told me to download, i unPBO'd it and jesus christ... hahaha someone knows their missions ;)

i will keep it and see if i can use that to help me out.

at the moment i still think BIS should investigate

the problem is back again after yesterdays update...

destination and task state assigned problems...

its fucked

- task state - assigned is synced to create task and the last trigger that completes task1 - worked before and not now

- task destination - synced to create task and last trigger that completes task1 - worked before

- create task (task2) is synced to the player and the trigger that completes task 1 - that is working "at the moment"

- task state - succeeded is synced to create task and a trigger - working 90% but i always get that 10% chance.

task1 is fine...peice of piss hunkydory...anything after that is a pain in the ass and decides when it wants to work

Edited by tyl3r99
addition to post

the problem is back again after yesterdays update...

destination and task state assigned problems...

its fucked

- task state - assigned is synced to create task and the last trigger that completes task1 - worked before and not now

- task destination - synced to create task and last trigger that completes task1 - worked before

- create task (task2) is synced to the player and the trigger that completes task 1 - that is working "at the moment"

- task state - succeeded is synced to create task and a trigger - working 90% but i always get that 10% chance.

task1 is fine...peice of piss hunkydory...anything after that is a pain in the ass and decides when it wants to work

all the correct syncs have been made over and over and over.

---------- Post added at 06:41 ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 ----------

Use the scripts, have no problems. :)

i dont know how to do it that way im a light scripter as i dont have the timeframe to learn and if its a task that takes 3 hours to do i aint gonna do it lol :)

if you can point me in the correct direction of a decent tutorial that would help i THINK.

but who knows maybe it might be fixed in todays update.. fuckin game

---------- Post added at 06:49 ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 ----------

and have no idea how to use the fnc scripts :/ lol bad aint it ;-)

_null = [west, "tskKillBob", ["Shoot Bob in the face", "Kill Bob", "Bob"], bob, true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;

and onAct of the is Bob dead trigger:

_null = ["tskKillBob", "SUCCEEDED"] spawn BIS_fnc_taskSetState;

Yeah the task module is worthless to me. It's easier to just script it. It's a great concept though but unfortunately it never seems to work correctly.

I've got a marker called obj_1. For whatever reason it won't show up as a waypoint.

_null = [west, "tskobj_1", ["A Description", "title", "marker_maybe"], obj_1, true] spawn BIS_fnc_taskCreate;

:confused:

What's going wrong?