Sign in to follow this  
domcho

Malden forest???

Hello everyone. I was thinking of posting this thread long ago but I always forget. Why do I have this strange feeling that Malden had the same forests as Everon and Kolgujev?

http://cdn3.steampowered.com/v/gfx/apps/65790/ss_7fde608cd7f7df6003933cd362429673851a9589.1920x1080.jpg?t=1319591526 (133 kB) - this is an official screenshot I have on the back of my original OFP GOTY edition CD box

I think long ago when I played OFP I remember that. But I think version updates changed the Malden forests. Am I right?

It's possible that Malden used to have the same forests as Everon and Kolgujev during the development, but I don't ever remember them being so in the release version. It's been as it is since the demo version. There are some third party modifications of the Malden island like FDF Maldevic which change the forests similiar to what's in the picture, which you might have recalled.

Well IMO, I think Malden is a lot better with Everon/Kolgujev forests. I think like 5 or 6 years ago before I bought OFP, I downloaded Cold War Crisis from a website. I still have this memory (which can be false) when playing the CWC campaign on the mission called Pathfinder, the other friendly squad comes out of a forest that's like the same as Everon's. Same thing on the Interdiction mission when I ran away to finish the mission after I blew up the tank. Maybe if someone can post the CWC and Resistance patch notes because I can't find them, we can see the changes.

And if you notice the screenshot, this is just below Houdan. That's where the Interdiction mission took part on that mountain. The place in the campaign was called "The Border Zone" :P