dj1121

WASD Keys not functioning

I have an odd problem with my (brand new) keyboard. In Arma 3 the WASD keys do not function meaning i cannot move my character. This only happens in Arma 3. I've tried switching USB ports for my keyboard and even re installing drivers. The only thing that seems to solve it (sometimes) is if i restart my computer. Then in works for that one session. But when the next session of play comes around I have to restart my computer again. I'm not sure why this is happening and I've found no fixes on google searches.

That's a very odd problem indeed! Have you been into settings to make sure the keys are set up correctly?

Yes sir I have. I have never had a problem as unsolvable as this one that's for sure!

I am currently having the same issue. WASD doesn't work along with most buttons attached to the keyboard like stances, inventory and other general keys. The weird thing is that some buttons work like the spacebar, the arrow keys for movement, the numpad and my mouse. This issue happens in both singleplayer and multiplayer. I have also verified my files on steam and nothing is missing. I have also checked all the ingame settings and the key mappings to the keys exist, but they just don't want to work and I can't remap the the keys that don't work. The game acts like it doesn't detect them being pushed.

Right gents, just realised what you are on about. If it happens again please press Alt+Tab, I bet that fixes the issue.

Right gents, just realised what you are on about. If it happens again please press Alt+Tab, I bet that fixes the issue.

Unfortunately didn't work. Tried re-installing game also and that didn't work. I just don't get it. Maybe I can try to contact Bohemia?

---------- Post added at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Figured it out, I have a program called "Holdkey". If you hold keys on my keyboard it allows for you to insert accents etc. I use it to input German flashcards. Removing that process seemed to fix it!

Unfortunately didn't work. Tried re-installing game also and that didn't work. I just don't get it. Maybe I can try to contact Bohemia?

---------- Post added at 00:46 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

Figured it out, I have a program called "Holdkey". If you hold keys on my keyboard it allows for you to insert accents etc. I use it to input German flashcards. Removing that process seemed to fix it!

I have the EXACT same issue, but I do not have this program, or any program like it. So any ideas as a solution to it? I have already e-mailed Bohemia, but I'm unsure that they'll get back to me in a "timely" fashion and I hope that I can find some sort of solution here in the forums.

I have the EXACT same issue, but I do not have this program, or any program like it. So any ideas as a solution to it? I have already e-mailed Bohemia, but I'm unsure that they'll get back to me in a "timely" fashion and I hope that I can find some sort of solution here in the forums.

Not a standard english keyboard?

If so, can try english setting for a workaround.

Reminds me of a sh** awful issue.. also on my side

occasionally I will press some combination of keys (I don't even know what) that enables my japanese input tools. It basically means that everything I press just goes into this little box in the upper left corner, and there is no way to make it go away besides restarting the game.

occasionally I will press some combination of keys (I don't even know what) that enables my japanese input tools. It basically means that everything I press just goes into this little box in the upper left corner, and there is no way to make it go away besides restarting the game.

Left alt + shift switches between input languages in Windows... every now and then I'll accidentally change to UK English.

Demon, did you ever find a fix to your problem? I have the EXACT same issue and can't find a fix. It makes the make completely unplayable online due to having to restart every time it pops up...