Sign in to follow this  
Inimical_rize

Noob to modding

Hello guys,

So I'm ill at home and have about a month or so off, I've spent the last couple of days looking at how to mod games ect but not really getting anywhere with it. I would like to make a few simple (simple to me anyway) mods but not sure if i would need 3rd party tools or not.

The first mod I want to make is a 'loiter' mod where you can program aircraft to fly in a circular pattern over a specific area, with an adjustable circle size. this would allow the pilot to look about via the map or targeting system to pick up targets. Some people have said I could do this in the Arma game it's self but I've no idea where to start.

The second is poseable animations, as in when you enter Splendid camera you can click and place down anything in the game and pose it within the constrains of the model, so you can pose soldiers legs and arms, tanks turrets and choppers weapons, place tracers and explosions ect.

I know many of you will say a vanilla shot is better than a posed shot but I'm attempting to make a comic book in the arma verse. just short snippets of what life could be like in the game.

What do i need to achieve these mods, sorry for being an absolute noob! I really don't understand games ect.

I think there is already a loiter option in the editor..

Also, this is not the correct sub-forum to post this in. You should probably try your luck in the editing & scripting sub-forum.

But to somewhat answer your questions, to achieve what you want to do you do not need any third party tools (Although using a nicer text editor than the default one would probably not be a bad idea (Notepad++, Sublime Tex)). You need a certain amount of knowledge of the scripting language for ArmA: SQF (Java might be another option in the future, if you're familiar with that). And I'm not exactly sure if the second thing that you mention is the kind of task that'd be appropriate for a beginner as it seems to be not so much of an easy task.

Edited by FreakJoe