Sign in to follow this  
admiral526

ArmaA 2 video freezes / sound goes on

Hi guys,

I haven't been playing ArmA II since last summer. Few days ago I decided to play it again so I downloaded and installed it via Steam. Now I have a better PC with Windows 8 Pro. I entered my favourite server online and after about 5 minutes of playing my video just froze. I could still hear all the sounds (movement, shooting...) but I only saw that frozen picture. The thing happened over and over again no matter how many times I re-enter the game or restart my PC. I have a feeling that it has something to do with Windows 8 (previously I had XP on my older PC). What could be the problem? I really need help as I want to start playing the game as soon as possible.

Thank you.

EDIT: I found somewhere on the forum that it might be related to the newest BattleEye patch, but if that is the problem how can I play BattleEye protected servers then?

EDIT 2: I reinstalled the game but the same problem is happening over and over again.

EDIT 3: I just realised I placed this thread into the wrong section :o. Sorry...

Edited by admiral526