Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

Question about texture replacement vs. saving harddisc space

Hi there,

I'm looking for a way to apply a basic texture on civilians via hidden selections. However the texture should be altered a little bit for each civilian (like a new layer on the civ). This is what I wanna achieve:

jsXISVUBLHC5w_xs.jpg - jVqQMPDYTRIb4_xs.jpg

My goal is to create basket balls team from Everon, Malden, Nogova, Sahrani, Chernarus, Takistan and Limnos. I'd like to create ten player per team leading to a total amount of 70 player textures. While it would be easy to apply a texture to each civilian, it would also increase the filesize to a huge extent.

Would it be possible to define a basic texture for each team and some kind of new layer for the numbers?

You could always create seperate faces where you want the number / flag to be and then assign certain textures to those faces only. That way you could have a base texture for each team and then have the numbers (as you said 1 to 10) in seperate texture files and assign them to the face where the number should be (hiddenSelection).

Hi,

thanks for the first help. How are the face textures related to the body textures? I already created an own face for testing purposes once:

class CfgFaces {

class Default {
	/*extern*/ class Custom;
};

class Man_A3: Default {

class GLT_Deadface: Default {
		displayname = "$STR_GLT_Face_Dead";
		texture = "\glt_heads\Data\glt_face_dead.paa";
		head = "DefaultHead_A3";
		identityTypes[] = {"Head_NATO", "Head_Euro"};
		material = "\A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\m_White_01.rvmat";
		disabled = 0;
		textureHL = "\A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_White_bald_co.paa";
		materialHL = "\A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_White_bald_muscular.rvmat";
		textureHL2 = "\A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_White_bald_co.paa";
		materialHL2 = "\A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_White_bald_muscular.rvmat";
	};
};

};

But I still had to apply a separate texture for the body

class cfgWeapons {
/*extern*/ class U_C_Poloshirt_blue;    
class GLT_Poloshirt_Dead: U_C_Poloshirt_blue {
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "$STR_GLT_Poloshirt_Dead";
	picture = "\glt_items\ui\glt_icon_shirt_dead_ca.paa";
	model = "\A3\Characters_F\Common\Suitpacks\suitpack_blufor_diver";

class ItemInfo: UniformItem {
		uniformModel = "-";
		uniformClass = "GLT_Civilian_Dead";
		containerClass = "Supply10";
		mass = 60;
	};
};	
};

class CfgVehicles {
     /*extern*/ class C_man_1;
     class GLT_Civilian_Dead: C_man_1 {
	side = 3;
	displayName = "$STR_GLT_Civilian_Dead";
	author = "[GLT]Legislator";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
	uniformClass = "U_C_Commoner1_1";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\glt_items\poloshirts\glt_poloshirt_dead.paa"};
	faceType = "Man_A3";
	identityTypes[] = {"GLT_Deadface"};
	linkedItems[] = {"GLT_Poloshirt_Dead", "ItemMap", "ItemWatch"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"GLT_Poloshirt_Dead", "ItemMap", "ItemWatch"};
};
};

Can you please provide me an example?

The whole afternoon I tried something different - one basic texture and the numbers with transparency, but with no success so far :(

class GLT_Civilian_Basketball_Sahrani_Base: C_man_1 {
	_generalMacro = "GLT_Civilian_Basketball_Sahrani";
	scope = 2;
	displayName = "Player Base Test";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"Camo"};
	uniformClass = "GLT_Poloshirt_Basketball_Sahrani";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\glt_items\poloshirts\glt_poloshirt_basketball_sahrani_co.paa"};

class Wounds {
		tex[] = {};
		mat[] = {"A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth1.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth1_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth1_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth2.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth2_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth2_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth3.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth3_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth3_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth4.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth4_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_cloth4_injury.rvmat", "A3\characters_f\civil\data\c_poloshirt.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_poloshirt_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Civil\Data\c_poloshirt_injury.rvmat", "A3\characters_f\common\data\coveralls.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\coveralls_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_black_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_hairy_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_white_old_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat", "A3\Characters_F\Heads\Data\hl_asian_bald_muscular_injury.rvmat"};
	};
};

class GLT_Civilian_Basketball_Sahrani_1: GLT_Civilian_Basketball_Sahrani_Base {
	scope = 2;
	displayname = "Player (No. 1)";
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\glt_items\poloshirts\glt_no1_ca.paa"};
	linkedItems[] = {"GLT_Poloshirt_Basketball_Sahrani", "V_Rangemaster_belt", "ItemMap", "ItemWatch"};
	respawnLinkedItems[] = {"GLT_Poloshirt_Basketball_Sahrani", "V_Rangemaster_belt", "ItemMap", "ItemWatch"};			
};

glt_poloshirt_basketball_sahrani_co.paa is my basic texture without the numbers. glt_no1_ca.paa is my texture file with an alpha channel. The texture is loaded ingame, however with no transparency and my basic texture was overwritten. Any help is much appreciated.

When FreakJoe say faces I think he means polygon faces, the BIS models are locked so you will not be able to add faces. I suppose you could model a new vest which would basically be two polygons to which you can apply the textures.

Oh, wait. Yeah, looks like I was a bit unclear there. I was talking about polygons. I completely forgot that the BI models are locked. I'm really sorry.

Oh ok, that's actually a good idea. I just checked the vests with dsl gear selector. There is civilian vest available yet, so I guess I have to wait until this feature is available.