Sign in to follow this  
TKTom

How to get the location that the AI BELIEVES a person to be at?

EDIT: I HAVE AN IDEA FOR HOW TO MAKE THIS SPECIFIC SCRIPT WORK BETTER, BUT I WOULD STILL LIKE AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION FOR OTHER PURPOSES.

I have a script that I am using to fire a flare over the heads of BLUFor when detected by OPFor.

I want a flare to fire over where the AI are searching approximately every 40 seconds as long as the AI believes that they know where the BLUfor are. At the moment I use the true position of the BLUfor agents and update this every 40 seconds, as long as theres a BLUfor agent in the "list" of a trigger that is fired when blufor detected by opfor.

The problem: BLUFor agents stay in the list for the trigger for as long as the AI BELIEVE that they know where they are, which is however long it takes for the AI to actually go up to the last known location and have a look around. With the current implementation this means that the flares fire over where the BLUFor REALLY are even if the AI ONLY THINK they have found them. It also causes the flare to fire when, for instance, BLUFor have detonated an explosive from some distance (which I think is just how the AI currently handles an alert status.)

A solution: If I had some way to retrieve where the AI THINK the BLUfor are then I could fire a flare over that location, so is it possible to retrieve that from either the trigger or the AI somehow?

PS: I intend to alter my script so that it creates a new instance (which will use only the location of the BLUfor at that time) each time the trigger is fired, which will then launch the flares until either the contact is lost or a new detection is made.

Thanks, I never would have guessed that was the one I needed.