Sign in to follow this  
edg

Relatively new, need help for 20 person LAN mission, Custom key 12 & .sqs issues

i have a custom mission i play with friends in a LAN. i have a file called 'ydar2.sqs', in the mission's .pbo.

it activates an Animation move, and damages the nearest Man targeted.

I didn't write it, it's an old Arma2 script. It's fairly good punch/pistolwhip, using a new a3 animation references.

Although the old butt-smack animation reference differentiated seperate damage between a punch/whip and a primary buttsmack if you had one, and i've yet to lock in a nice replacement in animation-viewer, and the switching to secondary after a punch is a bit of an issue, i think it'll be ok if i can find a 'rifle' based 'punch/buttsmack' animation.

That's not the issue though.

click spoiler to see "ydar2.sqs"

otschet=false

_man = nearestObjects [ player , ["Man","Man"], 2] select 1

_pos=getpos player;

_pos2=getpos _man;

_angle=(((_pos2 select 0) - (_pos select 0)) atan2 ((_pos2 select 1)-(_pos select 1)));

player setdir _angle;

~0.001

?(primaryWeapon player == "" && secondaryWeapon player == ""): player switchmove "awoppercmstpsgthwnondnon_end"; goto "loop"

player switchmove "awoppercmstpsgthwnondnon_end"

~1

_man_damag = getdammage _man

_man_damag = _man_damag + 0.4

_man setdamage _man_damag

_man dotarget player

_man dofire player

~2.2

otschet=true

exit

#loop

~1

_man_damag = getdammage _man

_man_damag = _man_damag + 0.4

_man setdamage _man_damag

_man dotarget player

_man dofire player

~2.2

otschet=true

exit"

this is currently activated via a scroll-menu>action, in our mission .pbo's "mission.sqm", which, we would prefer to replace with 'Custom Key 12'

click this spoiler to see the neccesary additions to mission.sqm to get the action 'Melee Attack!' to work.. in "mission.sqm"

class Item1

{

side="WEST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={1710.1433,5.5,5627.5566};

id=1;

side="WEST";

vehicle="B_Soldier_F";

player="PLAY CDG";

leader=1;

skill=0.60000002;

init="otschet=true";

};

};

};

//*CUT OUT THE OTHER UNITS FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS POST, but they all have *init="otschet=true"**//

class Item18

{

side="EAST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={1728.1672,5.5,5599.7485};

id=18;

side="EAST";

vehicle="O_Soldier_F";

player="PLAY CDG";

leader=1;

skill=0.60000002;

init="otschet=true";

};

};

};

class Item19

{

side="WEST";

class Vehicles

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={1755.4902,5.5,5720.0547};

id=19;

side="WEST";

vehicle="B_Soldier_F";

player="PLAYER COMMANDER";

leader=1;

skill=0.60000002;

init="otschet=true";

};

};

};

};

class Sensors

{

items=1;

class Item0

{

position[]={3452.0217,19,3600.6479};

a=0;

b=0;

repeating=1;

age="UNKNOWN";

expCond="mans = nearestObjects [ player , [""Man"",""Man""], 2] select 1; mans distance player < 4 and alive mans and otschet";

expActiv="udar = player addAction [""Melee Attack!"",""ydar2.sqs""]";

expDesactiv="player removeAction udar";

class Effects

{

};

};

};

This is the problem. This is clumbsy, and the "Custom Key 12" would be most desirable as a replacement to activation of the script. I have seen a similar script activated via Shift+F in takistan life but even with their mission i am beyond my ability so far to figure this out alone.

I am at the tether of my ability, and need some help or guidance. I have done my best on google, searching through pbo files to the best of my ability and searching forums, regarding expActiv or activating .sqs files on an 'if' premise - and how i could possibly bind it to custom key 12.. Anybody willing to tutor some? This is for a Private LAN mission for 20 players..

Edited by edg