Sign in to follow this  
Grezvany13

ArmA 3: E-sport ready?

I wouldn't necessarily agree, i generally feel that tactics always overcomes skill.

No... with non-random, rapid-firing instakill weaponry, a player who's just very fast and skilled with shooting will pretty much outgun any tactics with less skilled players that you might have. He/she already does when you have movements speeds like in Warsow or Quake or such games. It's only going to be harder to overwhelm that one good player with slower movement speeds than these faster games have.

On the FPS side, ArmA is just not close enough to pushing very skilled players to their limits so that interesting stuff can happen. It'd just be a boring match and not good for e-sports.

On the strategy side, I don't think the command aspect of the game will compensate for anything.

Granted, if a 6v6 or so could be fought with 125 or more fairly competent AI units under each player's command, that might suddenly become interesting for e-sports. It'd make for a decent show, and there's always something surprising that the other team could pull off. But ArmA is currently a long way from supporting that or anything similar.

Edited by Radtoo