Sign in to follow this  
odyseus

How realistic are the introduction of Aircraftcarrier, LHD's and LCAC's on ARMA 3

That's not how it works, BISim is a separate company with different (and way more) devs.

That's not how it works, BISim is a separate company with different (and way more) devs.

Yep, thats the real difference.

I have love for you guys, I really do. But if you would have keep up with BIS structure of it's company. You would know that BIA has been rolled up into BIS. It's posted on the BIS web page. It states the reason for this is to have a closer working environment between the two. To the question someone stated about the engine being different. If you read the VBS2 web site, you will be informed that both ArmA 3 and VBS 2.1 share the same resources. From Real Virtuality 3 later 4, Visitor 4, etc. This information is open source. There is no need for any of us to misspeak on the subject at hand. Gnat in the past I have sent you the white papers I have collected from the VBS web site. If so, I will be happy to send you and any other person the information from the past and updated versions. Thanks.

Bohemia Interactive Simulations (BISim, previously Bohemia Interactive Australia) and Bohemia Interactive (Studio) are two entirely separate entities.

Reply:

The spinoff studio Bohemia Interactive Australia (BIA) was formed by BI and David Lagettie, where joint development of a special military training simulation program, VBS1, began in December 2001. After thorough testing and field use (in cooperation with United States Marine Corps), VBS1 was made available in the fall of 2002 for qualified government clients and military organizations. On May 21, 2004, VBS1 underwent limited public distribution. On August 14, 2004 it was released for North America; distribution was handled by Coalescent Technologies. In 2008 most of development operations were moved to Prague, Czech Republic under newly formed Bohemia Interactive Simulations. Subsequently BIA was integrated as Asia-Pacific arm of Bohemia Interactive Simulations and Peter Morrison, previously Lead Developer was appointed CEO.

Well, that just confirms what I said. Bohemia Interactive Australia became Bohemia Interactive Simulations. But Bohemia Interactive Simulations s.r.o. is not Bohemia Interactive a.s. BISim is not BIS.

Dear Mr. Deadfast. If you would have read my post closely. You have noticed the statement "You would know that BIA has been rolled up into BIS. It's posted on the BIS web page. It states the reason for this is to have a closer working environment between the two". The key word here is a closer working environment between the two. I never said one is the other. I stated, and I say it again. That BIA was rolled up in to BIS for the two to have a closer working environment. Now dear sir if you wish to scull me over what Bohemia Interactive Studios "s" has stated. It is your choice. But the statement I posted core was about ArmA 3 & VBS 2.0 sharing the same engine technology. Sincerely MasonDDG87.

Edited by MasonDDG87