Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

Multiple Hostage Locations

Hi Guys

I'm making a mission with a hostage rescue component to it. Basically there are 4 locations where the 3 hostages could be. I want to randomize where they are each time... BUT I want them all to be in the same location with guards. The only way I know to randomize locations is to group units with markers.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Also I want to be able to set waypoints up for the units (so that they are placed in specific "positions" and seated in a building). The same question again: how would I give them waypoints dependent on their starting position?

Thanks!!!

Hi Guys

I'm making a mission with a hostage rescue component to it. Basically there are 4 locations where the 3 hostages could be. I want to randomize where they are each time... BUT I want them all to be in the same location with guards. The only way I know to randomize locations is to group units with markers.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Also I want to be able to set waypoints up for the units (so that they are placed in specific "positions" and seated in a building). The same question again: how would I give them waypoints dependent on their starting position?

Thanks!!!

Somebody here has made a script doing exactly this minus the waypoints thing I think.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152525-Dynamic-Guarded-Hostage-Rescue

Can't guarantee it works 100% on mp though, I asked him but he never replied.

What's he's done for the random location thing is made 6 invisible heli pads, named them hostage 1 to hostage 6, and then made a variable to select one of those pads at random:

_posHostage = [Hostage1, Hostage2, Hostage3, Hostage4, Hostage5, Hostage6] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

then used _poshostage as his position for everything that gets spawned after that

Edited by clydefrog