hordok

Need a little help with a support module.

I am making a SP mission and was trying to give the player CAS support when the player is in certain area. I tried to sync the support requester to the trigger and I also tried to sync the CAS support module it self to the trigger. Is there a script to do this all the ways I've tried have failed, help is much appreciated. Also I'm new to the Arma editor I've only been messing with it for a couple of days now so I only know the basics.

Welcome to ArmA3!

Place down your Support Requester and name it cas_module. Then place down your Helicopter CAS Virtual Module wherever you want the helos to spawn from. F5 drag to synchronize the Support Requester to the CAS Module.

Then setup your trigger to detect when the player is where you want them. Put this in it's onAct:

cas_module synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the help Kylania, worked 100%.

Welcome to ArmA3!

Place down your Support Requester and name it cas_module. Then place down your Helicopter CAS Virtual Module wherever you want the helos to spawn from. F5 drag to synchronize the Support Requester to the CAS Module.

Then setup your trigger to detect when the player is where you want them. Put this in it's onAct:

cas_module synchronizeObjectsAdd [player];

is virtual better then having it already loaded on the map?

What if you want to change the heli to a UH-80 or a AH-9? Or just increase the number of helicopters that come in?

---------- Post added at 03:26 ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 ----------

is virtual better then having it already loaded on the map?

Well for what I used it for yes. I think it might just depend on preference.

If you use actual vehicles they can run out of fuel or ammo or be destroyed. If you use virtual you get a new fresh vehicle each time you call and they just get deleted after their run. So if you want more realistic limits use normal if you want ease of use use virtual.

To change helo types double click on the Support Provider: CAS Attack and change the Vehicle Type field to read:

["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F", "B_Heli_Transport_01_F", "B_Heli_Attack_01_F"]

That will allow either the Pawnee, Ghosthawk or Blackfoot, you'll get to choose when you select the support in game.

• Thanks 1