Sign in to follow this  
RANKER

massive paradrop

People do you know Where I could find a "massive paradrop" script for arma 3 beta ??

thank you

It looks like it should work if all the soldiers in the group have the parachute backpack, "b_parachute." Although, I'm not sure if the ai takes advantage of the parachute on their own.

Edit: I just tested ai with parachutes: they use them, but don't expect them to release their parachutes in time at altitudes lower than 500.

Edited by MadocComadrin

It looks like it should work if all the soldiers in the group have the parachute backpack, "b_parachute." Although, I'm not sure if the ai takes advantage of the parachute on their own.

Edit: I just tested ai with parachutes: they use them, but don't expect them to release their parachutes in time at altitudes lower than 500.

ha ha ha ha ha those darn AI they are sooooooo stupid ha ha ha ha

MadocComadrin

If they all die when they touch the ground they are useless :(

too bad tough that would have been awesome.

thank you very much

There is a way around this.

Put this in units init:

this addbackpack "b_parachute";this setpos [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, 200]; They all land safely and open chutes on time.

There is one issue with that though. If you are the leader, they won't get out of their parachutes after landing. BUT if you team switch to anyone, they all get out, then you can switch back. If you are not the leader everyone gets out. AI tell me to disembark but when I give disembark command they don't listen.

But if you are not in their group, they all land safe and get out of chutes.

Also, you can "allowdamage false" if they still die at higher alt. then once hit ground allow damage again. But no matter what, they will not get out with you as leader.

Is there a classname for an unsteerable parachute. Most paradrops aren't steerable. And with AI, steering makes regrouping a nightmare. They end up all over the place.

Edited by victim913

victim913

Thank you sooooooo much ha ha ha ha

I ask that because using BangaBob EOS script it would be AWESOME for OPFOR reinforcement.

In another word it was not for BLUFOR (players).

Once again many thanks.

Rgards