Sign in to follow this  
Hoffinator

[COOP I44] Behind Enemy Lines (Pre-Normandy Paradrop)

znd0.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines X-28

I've made a D-Day morning (3:25am) mission for I44, using UPSMON to randomly generate patrols and ambushes. It's pretty decent (for a mission making newbie) right now, but I will be adding more objectives once I learn how to script them in from my pal, this is my first real 'big' mission I've made.

Basic Objectives

The main objectives of the mission are to neutralize three AA Positions around the map. While this may sound simple, there are tons of other little objectives and three towns for you to clear out if you so wish. You start in four C-47 Skytrains and AUTOMATICALLY :eek: jump out in a proper 'static line' at four separate DZs. With a second in between each guy, this can lead to scattered drops and losing men in the dark, which will make the dark drop even more fun! The planes you are travelling in can be destroyed by enemy AA, and if that does happen you will respawn at a small allied FOB near the south of the map.

Known Issues

Sometimes the planes just don't fly straight and turn in circles... I think I have fixed it, but it still happens ocassionally. If it happens, restart the mission.

The UPSMON zones take a bit to disappear of the map. It's known info anyways, the enemy is all over, but still annoying. I don't think I can do anything about this.

The objectives, on completion, don't actually say they are complete, so I guess it's more of a marker-finder for now.

Notes

• I haven't properly tested this with the full 28 people (I have about ONE person to test it with :\).
  • Only the radio men have radios (ACRE handheld VHFs (if I used the backpacks it would look weird)) because personal radios weren't really a thing back then as far as I know.
  • Read the mission briefing, etc... It has important info!
  • Most I44 modules are enabled, except wounding. If you want one with I44 wounding, just ask! :D
  • The mission works in singleplayer, the AI teams still jump on their own (Auto line-jumping remember?) and have waypoints, so you are in luck if you want to play it that way. (Don't disable AI that isn't in your squad in MP, they will help out on objectives if you go there as well.)
  • Enemies spawned with UPSMON and randomly patrol or set up ambushes, the mission is never the same with its hostile placement! (objectives still in same places)
  • It will get lighter in about ten to fifteen minutes.

Requirements

I44

ACRE

ArmA 2

MISSION

Behind Enemy Lines Co-x (@)

CREDITS

The I44 team for this wonderful mod

BIS for this wonderful game

UPSMON guy(s)

Universal Weapons Respawn Script guy(s)

Nuttex for helping me with scripts

VERSION

V1.0 - First Release

I'll add more objectives in time and tweak the mission a bit, I really appreciate any feedback, especially since I am fairly new to big mission editing... Will also take suggestions for more side objectives (as well as other things) because I need more of them in the mission! I was thinking about a wave-defense once you capture a town with a road to the beach (have to hold it until dawn or something). Thanks for checking it out!

P.S. This has nothing to do with the film, if you haven't noticed already.

Edited by Hoffinator