Sign in to follow this  
foodstamp

Is there a way to convert

alot of my sounds are real media is there a way to convert them

its .ram file

Good question.

And just to be unhelpful (well, to save me starting a new thread anyway), I want to convert/extract a .wav file from an .avi movie...any ideas? (Apart from the old record it with my stereo suggestion).

In reply to Fubar:

Do you have any sound recorder programs on your comp?

If you have one like the popular creative recorder, it would be simple.

Set your recording source to wav/mp3 and then hit record and play the movie file. There should be no loss of quality doing it this way.

Otherwise, if you look for some shareware/freeware video editing software (can't think of any names off the top of my head, I use adobe premier ($$wink.gif now) I'm sure that once you load a movie file into an editor it will seperate the sound file.

If you still need help, I'm sure I can come up with a couple other ideas.

In reply to FoodStamp:

Haven't tested, but just did a quick search and found these converters that might work:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm

looks like with this one, just download the program and then go to codec downloads and get the Real Audio codec

http://www.wisecroft.com/info.html

Real Audio converter

Of course...you can play the .ram file with real player right???

I just found this on a site also: wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> The .ram file is just a text file that contains the location of one or more of the Real Audio/Video files to be played. This file can be placed anywhere under the htdocs subdirectory and called like a regular anchor tag. <span id='postcolor'>