Sign in to follow this  

ATOC and plant foliage size

Hi

When I enable ATOC (ATOC=7 using the video options menu) on trees and grass the trees grow in girth slightly with much denser foliage. The grass, when it is viewed at a distance, raises in height slightly. I don't know if everyone else experiences this.

I like the effect of having more foliage around me but anti-aliasing plus ATOC slows the game down a lot. Is there a way to keep the extra foliage while having ATOC disabled?

Is there a way to keep the extra foliage while having ATOC disabled?

No, Anti-Aliasing must be enabled for AToC to work. Turn Anti-Aliasing to 2x to improve performance.

Hi

When I enable ATOC (ATOC=7 using the video options menu) on trees and grass the trees grow in girth slightly with much denser foliage. The grass, when it is viewed at a distance, raises in height slightly. I don't know if everyone else experiences this.

I like the effect of having more foliage around me but anti-aliasing plus ATOC slows the game down a lot. Is there a way to keep the extra foliage while having ATOC disabled?

Like MissileMoose said, run 2x AA to keep the performance hit as low as possible. And you might try having it set to all trees instead of all grass and trees, since grass looks ok in most cases without ATOC.

Keep in mind, ATOC is applying AA to textures that have transparency, such as leaves and grass, thus revealing more of the texture. ATOC can't run independently of the engine AA though. So the higher you set the AA, the better your foliage will look. (Chernarus on 8X is amazing and fps killing)