Sign in to follow this  
vonlinchen

Buldozer Control Problem

I have successfully created a map that is capable of being loaded in buldozer in Visitor 3.

However once bulldozer has launched I have minimal control over the camera.

When I move my mouse it moves the camera forward,backward & side to side without having to click or anything.

I cannot rotate using right click.

I cannot zoom with the mouse.

I loaded buldozer in Oxygen and it works perfectly normally, I can rotate, move etc.

Anyone have any idea what is causing this? :S

Thanks

That sounds like the default buldozer camera & cursor control settings, which I personally dislike too!

You can remap the controls to anything you want - probably the most elegant way to do that is to create a profile file specially for Visitor Buldozer only...

Here's how...

First, take a look at this file pasted below...

"V3_buldozer.ArmA2OAProfile"

version=1;
blood=1;
singleVoice=0;
shadingQuality=10;
shadowQuality=4;
maxSamplesPlayed=32;
anisoFilter=4;
TexQuality=3;
TexMemory=3;
useWBuffer=0;
tripleHead=0;
keyBuldSwitchCamera[]={210};
keyBuldFreeLook[]={76,33};
keyBuldSelect[]={57};
keyBuldResetCamera[]={82};
keyBuldMagnetizePoints[]={63};
keyBuldMagnetizePlanes[]={64};
keyBuldMagnetizeYFixed[]={65};
keyBuldTerrainRaise10cm[]={22};
keyBuldTerrainLower10cm[]={36};
keyBuldTerrainRaise50cm[]={23};
keyBuldTerrainLower50cm[]={37};
keyBuldTerrainRaise1m[]={24};
keyBuldTerrainLower1m[]={38};
keyBuldTerrainRaise5m[]={};
keyBuldTerrainLower5m[]={};
keyBuldTerrainShowNode[]={35};
keyBuldSelectionType[]={31};
keyBuldLeft[]={30};
keyBuldRight[]={32};
keyBuldForward[]={17};
keyBuldBack[]={45};
keyBuldMoveLeft[]={203};
keyBuldMoveRight[]={205};
keyBuldMoveForward[]={200};
keyBuldMoveBack[]={208};
keyBuldTurbo[]={42};
keyBuldUp[]={201,16};
keyBuldDown[]={209,44};
keyBuldLookLeft[]={75,1048576};
keyBuldLookRight[]={77,1048577};
keyBuldLookUp[]={72,1048578};
keyBuldLookDown[]={80,1048579};
keyBuldZoomIn[]={1048580};
keyBuldZoomOut[]={1048581};
keyBuldTextureInfo[]={20};
sceneComplexity=300000;
viewDistance=4999.998;
terrainGrid=10;
volumeCD=6.5;
volumeFX=8.5;
volumeSpeech=5.5;
volumeVoN=6.5;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;
gamma=1;
brightness=1;
fovTop=0.75;
fovLeft=1.2;
uiTopLeftX=0.14583331;
uiTopLeftY=0.074999988;
uiBottomRightX=0.85416669;
uiBottomRightY=0.92500001;
IGUIScale=0.85000002;

This is the profile I use for V3 Buldozer - you can try it out if you like... In Visitor 3 Tools > System Preferences you'll have a "Command to launch realtime viewer (Buldozer)" Commandline...

Copy the code above - paste it into notepad and save it to your P:\ drive as ""V3_buldozer.ArmA2OAProfile" and then in that command line above add...

-profiles=P:\V3_buldozer.ArmA2OAProfile

Next time you start Buldozer it - should - use these key assignments instead of the default ones.

You probably won't like my slightly odd mouse and key arrangement either ;), so time to make your own!

If you take a look at your own main game profile - usually in "Users\Documents\Arma2\YourGameName.ArmA2OAProfile" then you'll see it contains a whole lot more stuff - but there'll be all the same parameters which have been cropped out and pasted into my mini-profile file, which has just the necessary stuff for Buldozer.

If you now launch your game and go to the Remapping Controls section, in the pop-down list at the top you'll find you can filter for Buldozer controls only!

You can remap all the Buldozer controls here to whatever you like, then quit out of the game in the usual way and go back to your .ArmA2OAProfile file - you'll find all your changes have been written into this file.

You could now refer to my "mini-profile" to see which stuff to grab - do some copypasting to notepad and you have your own custom controls profile file you can plug in and use.

While you're here in beside your game files though, notice there's another file in here with your name on it! - this one is a "YourGameName.cfg" file - take a look in notepad... a lot of game "visual" settings...

Buldozer, just like the game, requires a .cfg file - since you're in default mode it's currently using this one you're looking at right here! That means it's also using your in-game settings for all these parameters... But maybe you'd like Visitor buldozer to be a little different - maybe a smaller or bigger viewdistance, different texture quality, maybe no PP FX...

So - while you're here - COPY your "YourGameName.cfg" file - go to your P:\ drive and PASTE it - then RENAME it to "V3_buldozer.cfg"

You've guessed the next part already I hope... ;)

Back in to those Visitor 3 Preferences again - this time, add...

-cfg=V3_buldozer.cfg

Since you haven't changed any of those settings yet, Buldozer will still look the same, but now it's reading this local cfg file you can start changing stuff without affecting your in-game experience.

B

Edited by Bushlurker

By default the keys to rotate, zoom in and out are the ones in your numkeypad, + to zoom in, - to zoom out, 8 to move higher, 6 to move right, etc.

Right mouse button (hold) is used to rotate an object (or a group of objects in case you selected more than one) on its axis, like when you hold control and click on an item in visitor to rotate it.

THANKYOU! Both so very much, this was bugging the hell out of me :)