Sign in to follow this  
daveallen10

Prone aiming is unrealistically accurate and makes scopes unbalanced (OP)

How Should Prone Accuracy be Tweaked?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How Should Prone Accuracy be Tweaked?

• All guns should have slightly reduced accuracy (more gun sway) in Prone Position
    • Scoped weapons ONLY should have increased sway for balancing (the larger the scope, the more sway)
    • Both Option 1 and Option 2
    • This is not a problem (please at least read/test before choosing)

This is partly related to my previous thread on sniper tweaks.

Anyways, I came to realize that prone aiming is far too accurate and is overpowered to a silly level. It became extremely apparent to me during a recent TDM game I was in (not my favorite game-type but I wanted to try it). Too many one-shot kills from huge distances. Scopes ruled the map.

Yes, this is overpowered.

Now, I know why prone aiming gives you better accuracy, but this is crazy. When you are in prone, the gun hardly moves at all! There is very little sway. Add a scope on that (heavy, by the way) and you have an easy "point and click" kill machine. It encourages camping by making "one-shot, one-kill" kills very easy and common, making it difficult to spot enemies who have already set up their positions. In addition, it makes scopes overpowered and unbalanced vs. non-scoped weapons (part of the problem I was seeing with the snipers).

Solutions to vote on:

1) Increase gun sway for all weapons slightly, enough to make long-range aiming more difficult and realistic. This would decrease the number of "insta-kills" and hopefully a few near misses will at least let you find cover or return fire.

2) Only make scoped weapons have higher sway. The longer-range the scope, the more sway (heavier) This would at least give players with non-scoped weapons a chance against sharpshooters with scopes, balancing the game better. However, this is not necessarily as realistic.

3) A combination of both.

Feedback Tracker Link. PLEASE VOTE!

Edited by Daveallen10

No thanks. This thread will suffice. Please use this thread, and make a new ticket on the feedback tracker if necessary.

You may have missed this.

Firing from the prone position is supposed to be accurate, It's not overpowered.

Perhaps you have a deficiency in your fine motor skills but i've never had the scope sway around magically when i've gone shooting unless i've actually been moving the rifle, the whole point of the prone position is to use your bone structure to support the rifle into a stable position.

Please use the existing sniping issues thread. If necessary, you can create a ticket on the feedback tracker.