Sign in to follow this  
forzajuve

Majority OPFOR killed

What is the best thing to do for this? For example, if BLUFOR is defending a town (staying stationary) and OPFOR is moving in towards them. The best thing I can think of is putting a massive blufor seized trigger over the whole BLUFOR and OPFOR but I think that would still end too quickly. Also if I name the units and do !alive a1 && etc.. that would be too specific if one or two infantry units ran off or didn't move or something...

Any other ideas?

There are several ways to accomplish this with a trigger condition, for example with countSide:

(east countSide thislist <= 5)

Another method is to name the enemy groups and count for their strength dropping below a value, for instance when you have five named squads of OPFOR (with statements such as enemysquad1 = group this; in their init line):

({alive _x} count units enemysquad1 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad2 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad3 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad4 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad5 <= 2)

The latter method has my personal preference above the former: it means all groups have dropped to a minimal strength whereas the former might kick off even when one of the groups with five men in it could still function as a viable combat unit.

Regards,

Sander

Is that all for the first condition?

condition:

east countSide thislist <= 5

so if I used that, when there are 5 or less units on OPFOR the trigger would activate?

That is correct.

There are some considerations to take into account when setting up a mission. One is that AI units might flee at a certain point and that means one has to account for having the objective tick off within a reasonable margin. By using the count of units on a particular side the game will not distinguish what form these remaining troops have. They might be the lone stragglers of several distinct groups or they might represent a full sized element still capable and willing to continue the fight. For that reason I would recommend using the method in which all enemy groups are named and to check for their size. Squads of 8-10 men reduced to two is generally sufficient in the game to consider them combat ineffective. So with 10 remaining enemies on the map in 5 groups there is less of a threat to the BLUFOR players than when they would represent a 10 man element in one group which could be the case if a countside was done for 10 and below.

Regards,

Sander

easy to count enemy units then end if enemy numbers are less then specific number use this as is

while {true} do {

_totalEnemy = {alive _x && side _x == EAST} count allUnits;

if (_totalEnemy < 11) then  //change here the number of enemy units alive to end mission its set at 11 or below 
       {

player sidechat format["The enemy are retreating Well done boys", _totalEnemy ];

sleep 30;
            endmission "END2";

};

sleep 60 // this will check enemy units every 1 minute
};	

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

OK so also to include the enemy that are moving away from the task area just create an array of your enemy units and run a distance check on them

and if they are a certain distance away just kill them

// AO is a variable for thye position the enmy are attacking or target area so place an object down there and name  it AO  or something or even a marker is fine
	 //marker example     _opsAREA = getMarkerPos "yourmarkername";
	 //now change AO to _opsAREA
		 if (_x distance AO <1200) then
	      {

} foreach MyEnemyArray; //this is your enemy array

---------- Post added at 18:08 ---------- Previous post was at 18:05 ----------

// AO is a variable for thye position the enmy are attacking or target area so place an object down there and name  it AO  or something or even a marker is fine
	 //marker example     _opsAREA = getMarkerPos "yourmarkername";
	 //now change AO to _opsAREA
		 if (_x distance AO <1200) then
	      {

_x setDamage 1; //this will kill them

} foreach  units enemysquad2 AND enemysquad3 AND enemysquad4 AND enemysquad5;

hmmm I think this one seems fine

east countSide thislist <= x

Hey guys! New to these forums (and the editor) and need some help.

({alive _x} count units enemysquad1 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad2 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad3 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad4 <= 2) AND ({alive _x} count units enemysquad5 <= 2)

First of all, what's "_x"? Is that supposed to be the player or the group alive or what?

Also, can I get a little bit of help wif my scripting? I... have no idea what I'm doing... I want the objective to be securing three districts of Chernogorsk (north, mid, south).

I have given each section a variable (northCherno, midCherno, and southCherno).

All three of these are set to north/mid/southCherno = "OPFOR"; to signify that the district is controlled by OpFor.

For the tskobj = "SUCCEEDED"; I will simply put northCherno && midCherno && southCherno = "BLUFOR"; signifying that the sector is controlled by BluFor (in terms of the trigger, that only 4 OpFor in each strike team [enemyNorth, enemyMid, enemySouth] are remaining).

However, I need help with the trigger CONDITION to switch the variables from "OPFOR" to "BLUFOR".

Would the code above work for this?

And will these variables work in the Briefing.sqf that I have set up?

Thanks for any and all help!