Sign in to follow this  
Billy Bones

New Sniper pack

Just had a quick go with the sniper, player as sniper I added a spotter in Editor and 1 enemy. I moved forward and went prone, enemy contact was on runway below my position, I heard my spotter call out enemy 600 yards - then he started to open fire. Q do you have to add commands in the editor to stop my spotter opening fire ? Another general Q? on weapons with bi pods to steady the weapon, how do you or can you put them into use.

Q do you have to add commands in the editor to stop my spotter opening fire?

It should be possible to adjust the rules of engagement through the in-game squad leader options. You don't have to use the editor.

Another general Q? on weapons with bi pods to steady the weapon, how do you or can you put them into use.

This feature isn't available, but I'm sure that the developers would add it before the full release. For now, the VTS weapon resting addon is available, here.

Just had a quick go with the sniper, player as sniper I added a spotter in Editor and 1 enemy. I moved forward and went prone, enemy contact was on runway below my position, I heard my spotter call out enemy 600 yards - then he started to open fire. Q do you have to add commands in the editor to stop my spotter opening fire ? Another general Q? on weapons with bi pods to steady the weapon, how do you or can you put them into use.

To keep your soliders from opening fire, type this in their init field :

this setBehaviour "SAFE"

This will spawn the units in a safe status and they will not engage enemy's. Have a look here for more info on the setBehaviour command.

As for the bipods, you cannot deploy them now, they are just a visual element.

Edited by Maio

Not the above..

Easiest way, put your spotter down on the map, give him a WP, set to ‘stealth’ and ‘hold fire’ or if you don’t want him to fire at all set to ‘Never fire’. Or if you like un-needed script commands, will do the same job, but as said, not needed:

this setBehaviour “STEALTH;

this setCombatMode “BLUEâ€;

this setUnitPos "Down";

Blue= never fire

Down=prone.

:)

Just thought, you may want to set him away from you at mission start, in the editor set him to 'none' in the Special field (or used to be formation)..

Plus just saw Missilemoose, yes, in-game command him, thats what your there for, order; 'Hold Fire', 'Stop', 'Go prone', if he isn't already..

Edited by ChrisB

You can also give these orders on the fly in game. Select your spotter unit by pressing F2. (Presuming he's the 2nd squad member) Your mouse wheel menu should appear and you can see the hold fire command. Highlight and select it.

You can also use the complex command system, where you select the unit/s you want to hold fire, press 3 for rules of engagement menu, and press 2 for hold fire. You can get an entire squad to hold fire by pressing tilde,3,2 in a couple of seconds.

I think we have covered the whole spectrum in terms of unit behavior settings and answered his bi-pod question.

By executive order 66, this thread will be terminated.