Sign in to follow this  
ENlGMA

Orbital Reconnaissance Jet with Orbital SAT.

Project ORJOS

So yeah, i got a small idea for the developers yesterday after i watched a documentation about the SR-71 Blackbird. Its all about a Airplane which is able to fly up to extremely high attitudes and drop a Solar Satellite which can be used as a Real-Time UAV for the ground Troops. The ORJOS operator should be able to mark enemys in real time on the infantry hud. The SAT should be used to show clear positions of Troops.

Example : ORJOS Pilot + Operator load a small Satellite into the plane, the Pilot uses Afterburners to reach a high altitude and then he drops out the Satellite. Now the Operator will remotely move the SAT and pick a Target (Lets say 20km radius). Operator and Pilot return to the base and all Infantry units can acess the satellite now. They can mark players / objectives in real time on their HUD.

Concept :

http://abload.de/img/unbenannt-3bkuqa.jpg (344 kB)

That would be great if a dev would maybe think about implementing it :)!

Throw it into the addon request thread... we're still waiting to see what exactly BI is going to roll out for Arma 3 fixed-wing! (We literally didn't heard anything about it all 2012, we only saw video of the F-35 back in 2011, and I can't remember hearing of it this year so far other than related to "check out what we're doing at E3 2013".)

Throw it into the addon request thread... we're still waiting to see what exactly BI is going to roll out for Arma 3 fixed-wing! (We literally didn't heard anything about it all 2012, we only saw video of the F-35 back in 2011, and I can't remember hearing of it this year so far other than related to "check out what we're doing at E3 2013".)

I guess we will find out more tonight