Sign in to follow this  
Biggus-Dickus

Can run ARMA 3 on High but not ARMA 2?

This is just weird. I got ARMA 3 and can run it on High-Normal settings. I get ARMA 2 so I can play DayZ, and even if I run the settings at Very Low my FPS is usually ~20 or lower. On ARMA 3 I get around a 40-60 FPS. I don't understand this.

I have:

HIS Radeon HD 6950 IceQ X 2GB DDR5

AMD Phenom II 965 Quad-Core Overclocked @ 3.7GHz

Coolermaster GX 650W

Corsair XMS3 16GB RAM - 1333MHz

Sounds like DayZ's mission might require more ram than the current a3 missions.

Plus Arma 3 is reputedly more optimized, or at least there's plenty of anecdotes out there of people reporting that Arma 3 runs better than Arma 2 does on their systems, and these are seemingly because of advances made in the Real Virtuality 4 engine.

I wonder under what conditions that is true. I'm certainly not finding that, especially in the vehicle showcases.

Any way to get a better performance on ARMA 2? I mean, it's not just DayZ, it's also ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Any way to get a better performance on ARMA 2? I mean, it's not just DayZ, it's also ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Yes, download Razer Game Booster. It works great. Also, you can download the 4GB patch and run it in the .exe file of the game. This mod works for all 32 bit games, and allows the game to access more than 4 gigs of ram. ;)