Sign in to follow this  
Byter09

Stuck in loading after role selection

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155139-arma-3-multiplier-not-loading

^ don't know whether its the same error like in my case.

Hi everyone.

So today a problem occured while joining a MP match.

You simply join a server, that works fine. After role selection you click on continue, as always... and then you're stuck in the loading screen. I watched the RAM usage of the game and its going up by about 1 MB/min.

This isnt really a crash but most people interpret it like that.

Oh and you should know that if the server is in "creating" mode and ppl join to get a role and THEN the admin presses continue everyone can play, except the players joining afterwards or the ones reconnecting..

Anyway... I tried a lot to find the problem:

1. What about standard missions?

- loaded Headhunters on the server -> I can play because I was in the role selection when the server was in "creating" mode. Second player joining can play. Players joining after the second one are stuck.

- loaded different custom missions (Domination/A3 Armory/GoT Wasteland) -> still you cant join afterwards...

2. What about other servers?

- searched for the server with the most players -> I could actually join. Maybe the server was running an older version (maybe 3 or 4 days old). I'm not sure because the serverbrowser is only giving me the version "0.57" and not the number following behind that as in "0.57.xxxxxx"

- I tried the official GoT wasteland V2 server by JoSchaap with about 12 players on it at that time. -> stuck in the loading screen with increasing RAM about 500kb/min.

3. What about starting the mission but one player stays in the role selection?

-> Mission started -> After clicking continue he was stuck in the loading screen.

I seriously hope that this is a bug that will be fixed today or tomorrow as this totally destroys the multiplayer aspect.

I also forced to re-download files with Steam after deleting the arma3.exe and checking the game integrity.

Maybe someone of you guys (and ladies) know a solution to this...

- K. 'Byter' Becker

PS: You can test it out, just join my server that is currently running. -> simply search for "[GP]" or "Spielwiese"

Some error pop ups are currently not visible. During the loading, spam the enter key. Works for me. :)

Well...the last update fixed that...

// Please close this thread :P