Sign in to follow this  
galzohar

GunGame TDM

GunGame Overview

Based on the concept of ArmA 2's GunGame by GossamerSolid, I created something similar for ArmA 3 alpha. This mission is supposed to be something fun to do in the off-hours and/or while waiting for more players to join the server. Currently supports up to 40 slots, but more can be easily added if needed.

Features

- Kill enemies to rank up. As you rank up, your weapon will degrade, making it more difficult to gain higher ranks. First team to have a player reach maximum rank wins.

- Teamkilling makes you lose rank. Suicides count as teamkills. Teamkilling when your rank is 0 or less will also kill you.

- Enemy kills you score right before you die will not count.

- Enemy kills you score while outside the marked zone will not count. Zone area changes based on number of players.

- Rank is saved for players who leave the game or crash and return before round ends.

- To avoid spawn killing, spawn system will place you inside a random building outside of the zone, trying to maximize the distance of your spawn position from the nearest player.

- Notifications specifying rank up/down and reminder that you need to get inside the zone.

- Includes variants for Startis and Zargabad, as well as vanilla and IDF. Zargabad variants require All In Arma mod and Operation Arrowhead. IDF variants require the IDF mod. Stratis vanilla variant can be played with no mods installed.

- Task Force Arrowhead Radio support - Players start with the appropriate radio and cannot pick up other radios.

Download

Mediafire (v1.06)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pg1x1wj60ze7wdl/gungame_v1-06.zip

Armaholic (v1.06)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20705

Edited by galzohar

Good work, I'll have to come join you guys sometime for a match or two :)

Hy, first thank you for making this game mode.

I tried it in public, and the zone with 10 player was too small. Thats why the game got boring. I think we do not need zone for getting new weapons at all.

Another suggetion, to make the same map, but with simple dm rules, so without teams. As far as i know, the original gungame didnt have teams.

Thank you again.

GunGame has always had teams.

From Counter Strike to Arma 2/3.

Technically, goldeneye 64 was one of the earliest versions of GunGame and it was deathmatch oriented. There are some varients in Counter-Strike which allowed a deathmatch style of play similiar to Goldeneye. So no... gungame is not always team-deathmatch. It's actually quite fun as pure deathmatch.

I liked the extra challenge of needing to identify your teammates and not being able to get an easy kill with the satchel charge in the end.

The "be inside the zone" requirement is so that you don't run all over the map, which will make the game extremely boring. With limited area where you are able to gain ranks, you sort of know where to look for your enemies. Zone gets bigger with more players, so there should always be enough space for you to be able to get inside the zone without getting killed first.

Also, one of the reasons I made this is to have a fun simple environment to learn the very basics of ArmA. Therefore, shooting, using different weapons/sights, identifying friendlies, keeping the "team effort" in mind and moving to an area marked on your map without dying first - were all intentionally made as important factors.

Hotfix for new Alpha patch is now available on the ArmA-IL IDF PvP server. Will upload it here as soon as it goes through some testing.

Uploaded hotfix 1.00a:

- Made compatible with Alpha version 0.58.

1.01a hotfix:

- Removed debug trigger from the vanilla version.

Version 1.01b:

- Revised weapon/rank list (a lot less ranks now, so game doesn't take forever and you reach the interesting ranks faster).

- Added Altis Kavala version.

Stratis version can be played without dev build. IDF versions require IDF mod. Altis requires dev version.

Version 1.02:

- Modified weapon list to make things more interesting and the ranks more progressive (for example, underwater rifle with dual-purpose ammunition is now the last rank before the satchel charge).

- When teamkilling, in addition to losing rank, if current rank is 0 or less the teamkiller is killed instantly.

- Default marker name length increased to 4 letters.

- Zone made slightly smaller.

- Increased duration of notifications.

A fix for making the mission work with latest ArmA patch is ready, just needs some testing. If there are special requests I can upload it now. Otherwise, expect the update in a few days after I managed to get some people to play through it for proper testing.

Edited by galzohar

Version 1.03:

- Fixed for compatibility with ArmA 3 version 1.26.

- When out of ammo, you will automatically rearm after 60 seconds if you survive.

- Added name tags for friendly units.

Mate awesome fun game mode you got here.

I hope you don't mind but I've taken the code and I'm currently trying to make a FFA version. I've got most of it ironed out however there are a few details I'm having trouble with.

I made everyone Civ because I thought that way it might make it more FFA like and not add Teamkills. But it did add team kills so i changed in the client.sqf from team kill -1 to +1 to get around that. I've changed a few other things and it all works well, What I'm trying to do is when the game ends it always comes up with "Your team loses" Is there away of displaying on that screen the actual player that has won ?

The other issue is when someone suicides it gives them a rank up.

Again I'm still new to scripting so I'm sorry if I come across as a bit of a noob.

If you make everyone the same side you will have to modify the score system to make sure self-kills still count as teamkills. Basically, you don't need to broadcast the side of the killer in the "killed" event handler, but rather to check in the public variable event handler whether they player killed himself or not.

Also, you will need to change the victory condition from "someone on your team reached max score" to "you reached max score". Look at the call to the end mission function.

Additionally, like in any deathmatch, you may want to change all players to side enemy. There is a part of the script in the init.sqf that makes sure nobody ever goes to side enemy - Reverse it so that it keeps everyone always be side enemy. That way the default game mechanics will also consider everyone enemy to each other.

Are you actually able to show me in the script how to do that ? I've been looking at the scripts for days now trying to figure it out but I'm unsure on how to do any of that ?

killedEventPVHandler =
{
};

This is called when someone is killed and handles it. In it you can find the conditions that check how to handle the levels based on who killed who.

First it checks if the killer is actually the player or the old unit of the player (if he just died before the function could execute). Then it checks if you should get a rank up or down based on the side of the unit killed, which is what you probably want to change.

Also, in the "Killed" event handler just before that, you will have to pass the actual player instead of sidePlayer, since you will need it in the function to do your checks.

It should be pretty straight forward and it's all at the start of the client.sqf script.

Version 1.04

- Task Force Arrowhead Radio support - Players start with the appropriate radio and cannot pick up other radios.

- Minor fixes to rearming script.

First post updated.

Is the download link for the right file?

No, sorry and thanks for noticing. I will fix it later today.

Version 1.05

- Remove workaround for no-longer-existing Task Force Radio bug which broken the mission with new Task Force Radio mission.

- Change Zafir magazine class name for latest Arma 3 1.42 patch.

First post updated.

Version 1.06

- Worked around mission parameters bug introduced in Arma 3 version 1.44. See 0024051.

First post updated.