Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Cyper's Feedback on ARMA III LITE

Ok, so I have been playing A3 LITE for a time now. Here are some of the issues I have come across aswell as some suggestions.

NOTE: Some of these may already be fixed since it was quite a time since I wrote it. ;)

To begin with, this game is very, very impressive. The game runs WAY BETTER than arma 3 for me. I run it on high settings. There is also more options to tweak graphics the way you want. But most importantly, it do seems like the game stays true to its roots. I was worried that the game would be similar to what RO2 is compared to superior RO1.

IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS

- Maybe water quality should be possible to lower (much better performance)

- Running speed must be dependent on slope

- The animation for switching from weapon to binocular is to fast in my opinion - it has to be slow downed slighly.

- Sound dissapear from boat when driving fast through big waves (I had the biggest waves available)

- No sound effect when you open doors.

- When I tried scuba diving, swimming had no animation; instead, my character would hold his left arm in front of him and float forward.

- Street light bulbs can't be destroyed - it would be an idea to make this possible

- When you make fast turns with the quadbike on grass and dirt there is a screetching sound like if it was asphalt.

- I flipped the Quadbike various times, yet it flipped up automatically back onto its wheels!

- Your characters gets injured if you stay close (without touching) the bonnfire. The injury radious has to be decreased. Especially if you would like to units sitting close to the fire.

- Default Action Button is space. Problem with this is that you also change to pistol with this button. This means that I accidently at times change to pistol when I want to open a door or enter a vehicle.

- I think adding some sort of sound when walking through thick bushes would make it more realistic

- AI is very slow in CQC - they turn around to slow.

- AI is to slow in under watercombat aswell - it seems like they behave worse, but not sure!

- I don't like the fact that you can heal yourself fully. I think it should only be possible to stop the bleeding (OFP DR) and only be possible to heal yourself fully at tents/medic trucks

- Using deazone feels weird, in a bad way...can't put my finger on what's wrong.

- Skeletons can float in water - not sure if it is supposed to be like this or not!

- There is no proper animation when you heal others (like the module in arma 2, this should be default)

- When I had taken down the helicopter with the AA luncher during the Scrubamission, all environment sounds dissapared. It was totally quiet, only thing I could hear was footsteps and so on. Environment sounds seems to be to low sometimes. It should be default be much higher.

- Sometimes, pressing V will cause you to take a step through obstacles instead of over them

- If you press ESC while there is music playing in the game the music will automatically fast forward (like in A2)

- The boat physics has to be improved when driving boats in big waves

- I'm not sure, but it seems like running up for hills/slopes has no effect on stamina

- Echo in Buildings would be a nice touch

- Simulate blood loss under water (when a scuba diver is shot and killed, it would be great if some of the water could turn red, similar to Far Cry 1.

- It seems like fire can hurt you (unlike previous games) but there has to be a better indication for this, for instance, the screen could become slightly blurred when you're close to fire (because of the heat) and even more blurred when you hurt yourself.

- It would be a nice touch with separate injuries for bullets, fire, and explosions.

- When you wear gunner glasses you should ''see through them'' when you play in first person. For instance, if you have orange gunner glasses, then there should be an orange tint in first person view

- Similar to suggestion above, you should see through the diving glasses when you dive in first person

- Sometimes when I start the game the screen goes black and CTRL+Alt+ Delete does not work so I have to restart my computer. Only happens with ARMA 3. Have only happend 3 times though.

Then I have some questions:

- How do I lower my weapons (In ARMA II it was CTRL + R)

- Is there any button to ammidiately move from combat stance x to a standing position? (otherwise you have to hold CTRL - and press W until I stand errect again)

- Will there be a limit on how deep down a scuba can go?

- How do I walk?

Edited by Cyper

The default action button being spacebar is okay, the problem is that the pistol, the launcher and the long gun are on the action menu and while there's a dedicated rifle/pistol switch key (default keybind is ";") there is no such dedicated button for the launcher.

From what I've heard it's not actually full healing, just "enough that the audio-visual cues go away".

Sounds are WIP, as are vehicle physics (thankfully).

Default keybind for lowering the weapon is double-tapping Left Ctrl; there is no button to go straight to "stand erect". To toggle walk you press W+S; this overrides/prevents combat pace, which is toggled from run.

- When I tried scuba diving, swimming had no animation; instead, my character would hold his left arm in front of him and float forward.

Pretty sure that's how you swim when on the surface wearing flippers. the arm out keeps you on the surface

Pretty sure that's how you swim when on the surface wearing flippers. the arm out keeps you on the surface

either that, or swim on your back is what I was taught in diving (and thats what is in the BSAC sylabus too)