Sign in to follow this  
Xer0

The desert eagle is out!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ July 26 2002,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And unless you want to make a new soldier just for the Desert Eagle, that cannot be fixed.<span id='postcolor'>

or you can just move the gun holding proxy in O2 just back to the soldier a bit. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm, less recoil, greater accuracy, higher mag capacity, less expensive ammo...  <span id='postcolor'>

Wrong.

Desert Eagles .50AE has alot less recoil than any .357M and any .44M pistol or revovler. PERIOD.

.50AE compared to a .44M:

Bigger and also alot heavier bullet ~slower bullet-velocity=less recoil

Almost the same amount of powder, but again, heavier bullet=less recoil

The weight of all the DE's are practically the same and therefore helps decreasing the recoil-feel of the .50AE as the recoil already are less on it than any of the magnums.

The recoil-reduction-system of the .50 is also very unique and works very well.......that is if the pistol works at all.

The Deset Eagles are prolly the worlds most unreliable pistols ever to be manufactured. It should never have left the sketch-board. Don't get me wrong. I like the DESIGN alot. As the matter of fact I think it's the coolest looking pistol ever. It's just not practicall in any way at all. Why?

1) Fails alot -bad feeding-system

2) Terible to clean and maintaine

3) Expensive parts (due to very few are sold -why? see #1 & #2)

4) Low accuracy even when fitted with a 10" barrel

5) Large grip -most people can't hold it properly (except Arnold)

If you put a Beretta 92FS in one hand and any Desert Eagle in the other you have pretty much the most different pistols in the world. The Beretta never fails feeding, never jams and is extremely easy to clean and maintaine. It could have been better on the accuracy though but it still is considered one of the most accurate military and law-enforcement pistols smile.gif

I've never fired one...but I don't see how the same pistol firing a larger round (bigger projectile weight in grains) with greater energy (muzzle energy in joules) can have less recoil...the physics just don't add up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 26 2002,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've never fired one...but I don't see how the same pistol firing a larger round (bigger projectile weight in grains) with greater energy (muzzle energy in joules) can have less recoil...the physics just don't add up.<span id='postcolor'>

The .50AE and a standard .44M have around the same amount of powder. Ofcourse you can overload them and things will ofcourse change but I assume we are talking factory ammo here smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ July 25 2002,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 26 2002,16wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've never fired one...but I don't see how the same pistol firing a larger round (bigger projectile weight in grains) with greater energy (muzzle energy in joules) can have less recoil...the physics just don't add up.<span id='postcolor'>

The .50AE and a standard .44M have around the same amount of powder. Ofcourse you can overload them and things will ofcourse change but I assume we are talking factory ammo here smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Unless the .50 cal round weighs exactly the same as the .44, that cannot possibly be true (Newton's Second Law). you could reduce the charge by a corresponding amount, but that kind of kind of defeats the whole object in the first place. You may as well use a .44 round. it would have higher velocity, better ballistics, and be cheaper too.